Chapter 14

Unlike the rest of my family, and most people these days, I love flying. It's one of my absolute favourite things, except the risk of crashing and what not, but I try not to think about that. I love the excitement and how small everything looks from the piece of metal in the sky, just shows how big the world really is.
But there's one factor about flying that I dislike. Going through security. I hated it, it was so stressful and scary, I never understood why the people who worked there always looked so angry. So once we safely made it past the checks without being accused of bringing a bomb on, I was very glad and took this opportunity to bring out my camera. I didn't want to film myself in the busy airport, it would look weird and I'd feel all awkward so I filmed my shoes, in the normal blogger kind of way, as we made our way though the airport.

Our seats on the plane were easy to find and they were just at the rear of the wing, a great view to look down on the world, not to mention the fact that the plane was huge, and due to the fact it was a long haul flight, there was comfy reclining chairs and TV screens to make the ride more enjoyable.
Without the looming feeling that everyone was watching me, I took out my camera and turned it around filming myself as I made myself comfortable in my chair.

"Eeeek" a strange excited noise erupted from my mouth, "we're on the plane and look how cool it looks, damn I'm in for a treat, I love flying, one if my favourite things. Grace how you feeling?" I turned the camera on my sister who was strapping herself in.
"Shitting myself, not a fan of planes really. It's when my ears pop and it hurts so bad for the rest of the journey."
"You should suck on a sweet or something, I read somewhere that it stops your ears from popping, pro tip guys." I pointed at the camera.
We made idle conversation until it was time to lift off. I rested the camera on the window ledge so that I'd get a good shot of us lifting off.
As the plane started to move Grace grabbed my hand and I gave it a small squeeze, the plane was getting faster and faster and before we knew it we were no longer on the ground.

The cars, that I could easily see at first, soon turned into tiny specks and the houses like ants "bye bye Ireland" I whispered to myself and my home. The little town that I'd grown up in all my life, shrunk smaller and smaller until I could no longer make out any of the streets and places I was familiar with. I turned off the camera, tucking it in my bag then getting out my slipper socks.

I plugged in my headphones and music ran through my ears filling my head with noise as I stared down at the world below me. Around 10 minuets later the overhead speaker announced that we were heading over London , followed by everyone turning to look out their windows attempting to spot some landmarks and famous places. But all I could think about was the fact that that was where Niall was right now. And with a small smirk on my face, I stuck my middle finger up to the window. In hours I'd be right where I should be, far away from him and his bullshit.

"Em, what are you doing?" Grace asked chuckling. I turned to her and put my hand on my lap before anyone else could notice and question my odd behaviour
"nothing"

It was gunna be a long flight so I decide it was a good time to start catching up on the sleep that I couldn't get last night. I put my iPod on shuffle, Katy Perry and The One that got away came on, a good start to what would be a very long flight.

                                  ***

" We have now touched down in Australia, the temperature is 12*and slightly cloudy. The air crew and I would like to thank you for flying with..." The Captain on the speaker said waking me up from my sleep.

No I had not been sleeping the entire flight, though I probably do need that much sleep tbh, to make up for the late nights that I'd had the last month from all the studying and stressing over exams. I had food, took an evening stroll around the plane to stretch my legs and go to the toilet and watched a film. It was a quite chill flight.