Chapter 24

* A couple of weeks later*

Dancing with the stars just ended. Jake and I won the mirror ball trophy. Justin's been in the studio working hard. Today was Tuesday and I was just about to head out to go shopping. I was wearing a plain light grey crop top with some high waisted shorts and a pair of high tops. my hair was down natural. I grabbed my purse and my keys and then my phone rang. "Hello"", I said. "Goodmorning beautiful", I heard Justin's voice ring out from the phone. I smiled at his voice , he sounded half asleep. "Goodmorning justin", I said laughing. "What are you doing?", he asked yawning. "Bout to head out to go shopping what about you?", I asked. "At the studio, just got here and I'm trying to wake myself up", he said. I laughed at him "Anyways", he said "How would you like to go on a date tonight", he asked me. I smiled looking down "I would love to", I said. "Pick you up at 7?", he asked. "Sure", I said. "I love you", he said. "I love you too baby", I said with a smile. I hung up and then headed to my car getting in and driving to the mall.

Once I was at the mall I went a little bit crazy. I hadn't been shopping in a couple of weeks and I needed some new things. I went to the food court and bought a salad and went to a table to eat it. just as I was finishing my salad I looked up. No it can't be. I saw my dad. He was supposed to be in prison. He was standing in the middle of the food court looking around. My heart was racing and I picked up my phone dialing Justin's number. "Hey baby", he said answering the phone. "Justin", I said with panic in my voice. "What's wrong Aly?", he said with concern in his voice. "Justin I'm at the food court in the mall and my dad is here. I think he's looking for me", I said squeezing my eyes shut trying to keep the years from spilling out. "what?", justin said obviously panicking. "I'm on my way aly stay on the phone with me", he said as I heard him running. "Justin what do I do?", I asked him. "Where is he right now", he asked me as I heard him get in the car and tell the driver to drive. I looked up slowly and saw my dad making his way over to the section where I was sitting. "He's coming", I whispered looking down. "Okay get up and walk away. act like you don't know he's there", justin said. "Okay", I said. "Go into a random store", justin said. I walked towards Forever 21 and pretended to look at necklaces. "Justin he followed me please hurry", I said watching as my dad walked in the store once again his head turning trying to spot where I was. "Im almost there Aly I promise," he said. I looked in the mirror and saw my dad look over to where I was standing. "Justin he sees me", I said whispering with panic. "Go to a different store ", he said. I zig zagged out of the store trying to lose my dad and ran into another store. "Baby I'm here where are you?", I heard Justin say. "Im in the sporting goods store please hurry", I said watching as my dad walked in the store. I heard justin breathing heavy as he ran to the store. I felt someone come up behind me and stand really close to me. I didn't move my heart pounding in my chest. "thought you could run from me?", I heard my dad say in my ear. I cringed him being that close to me made me remember all the times he had hit kicked punched slapped done everything to me and my mom. I saw justin run into the store a wave of relief coming over me. "Justin", I yelled. "who's that?" my dad asked still standing way to close to me. justin ran over to me grabbing my hand and pulling me away from my dad. "What the fuck do you think your doing?", justin yelled at him. "listen here boy she is my daughter and ill do whatever the fuck I want with her.", my dad said coming closer to justin. "She doesn't want you in her life. your fucking crazy and I won't let you hurt her again", justin said. My dad stepped forward and slapped justin across his face. I gasped tears falling from my eyes. Justin got up and began punching him. security rushed over and separated them. after justin told the police what happened they arrested my dad taking him back to jail. Justin turned to me looking at me and opened his arms. "Come here", he said. I ran into his arms squeezing him hard finally letting all of my tears I had been holding in come out. I sobbed into his chest as he held me tight and kissed my forehead. "Shhh w, he said rubbing my back. "Its okay he's gone now", he whispered. I pulled back from him and looked him in the eyes as he wiped my tears. "Thank you justin", I whispered. "Your welcome baby", he said. we walked out to Justin's car and he opened my door for me and I sat down still shaking. "hey", he said as he knelt down so he could look me in the eyes. I looked at him and he grabbed my hands. "I would never let anything happen to you. I would go to the ends of this earth to protect you", he said rubbing my hands. I nodded wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you ". I said against his neck. "I love you too", he said kissing my cheek. I smiled at him which made him smile and he walked around and got in the car. he started it and pulled away grabbing my hand so he could hold it while he drove.

We got to my house and I unlocked the door still holding Justin's hand. We walked in and I heard my mom in the kitchen. we walked in the kitchen. "Hey Jus- ", then she turned around and saw my face. "Honey what happened", she said putting down the spatula walking over to me. "Dad got out of prison and he found me at the mall and he got really close to me and I think he was gonna hurt me but then justin came and saved me and him and dad started fighting and the police came and took away dad back to prison", I said tears falling from my eyelashes. "Oh sweetheart", she said pulling me into a hug and holding me tight. "It's okay he's gone honey", she said kissing my forehead. I nodded pulling away giving her a smile. "Thank you for keeping her safe", my mom said hugging justin. He smiled at her and said "of course". I went to go take a shower because I had been crying a lot and I looked like a hot mess. I climbed into the shower letting the hot water hit my skin. I relaxed letting my muscles loosen as I washed my hair. after I got out of the shower I put on one of my grey hoodies and a pair of Nike pros. I let my hair down so it would dry naturally and just twisted my bangs back out of my face. I put on some Chapstick and walked back down stairs. I walked in the kitchen and saw my mom and justin laughing about something. I smiled at them and justin turned around to look at me a smile forming on his face. "Hey beautiful", he said. I smiled feeling my cheeks turn pink as I walked over to him. "hi justin", I said. he pulled me down onto his lap wrapping his arms around my waist. my mom smiled at us causing me to blush even more. My mom made spaghetti for dinner, Justin's favorite and we sat down at the table my mom beaming as she watched us eat. She loves Justin which makes me happy. After we ate we all sat on the couch and just talked. justin put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I smiled leaning over and kissed his cheek causing him to smile. It was about midnight and my mom stood up "Well I'm gonna go to bed." She said. "mom", I said. "Yes", she asked. "can justin spend the night?", I asked . "Of course just uhh you know no -". "oh my god mom", I said hiding my face in my hands. justin laughed rubbing my back. "Goodnight aly, goodnight justin", she said. "Goodnight ", justin said. I took my face out of my hands my face bright red. "Goodnight mom", I said. She went upstairs and justin was still laughing. "C'mon", I said grabbing his hand and pulling him up. he wrapped his arms around my waist as we walked upstairs to my room. I laid down in my bed going on twitter as justin laid down next to me. I locked my phone plugging it in and rolled over towards justin. He put his arms around my waist and I layed my head on his chest. "justin", I said. "Yea ", he said running his fingers through my hair. "Thank you for what you did today", I said. "Aww baby you don't have to thank my ill always be here to protect you", he said. I smiled and propped my self up on his chest so I could kiss him. "Goodnight", I said against his lips. he smiled kissing me and said "Goodnight beautiul". I layed back down and justin pulled me close and I drifted off to sleep feeling safe in his arms.