Act II, Scene VI

Madelyn and Mark were staring down the Eliminators and the Top Eliminator.

The Top Eliminator told them, "No magic wand can stop us, Chosen One. We'll just keep coming in greater numbers than before. It's over and it is time you finally met the Darkness."

Madelyn cringed, waiting for something to happen and waiting for the end. More Eliminators showed up behind them, holding wands.

The one said, "Think again."

The Eliminators behind them turned into Madelyn's fairies, Jorgen, Nacey, her enemies, her friends and her Dad.

Jorgen added, "Robot punk!" Tom instructed her, "Duck, Madelyn!"

Madelyn what she was told as did Mark. The prisoners blasted the Eliminators with a combination of fairy and island magic. When Madelyn saw that they were gone, she got up.

She stated, "You guys have the best timing."

Tom replied, "That was just luck."

Madelyn giggled and before could try and talk to Richie about all of this, the Darkness started to suck in everything.

Candice yelled, "Madelyn, you've got to do something and you better do it damned quick!"

Madelyn took the wand out of the rocks she ran over to the holster and she shouted, "Now say goodbye to the Darkness...forever!"

She slammed the wand into its holster. It created a pulse, forcing Madelyn to the ground, rather harshly. Everyone watched as the wand extended up and did nothing. Nacey and Jorgen both exchanged terrified and surprised looks.

Nacey told everyone, "That isn't right..."

Jorgen explained, "It should be fixed! It should be firing a laser that blasts back the Darkness or something but it is not firing the laser!"

Just then, the Darkness started to suck in everyone: Richie, Allison, Candice, Tom, Cupid, Iris, Cobalion, Victor, David Larson, Jorgen, and Nacey.

Jorgen slammed down his wand to give him some leverage. Nacey used her powers to anchor the wand down, to make sure that they weren't going anywhere.

Jorgen yelled, "Whyte, just say the word and I'll poof us out of here!"

Madelyn pointed out, "But, no matter where I go, the damned Darkness will follow us!"

Allison asked, "What does it want?!"

The Darkness responded, "Madelyn Whyte."

...

Madelyn's POV

That's when I knew. I, Madelyn Julia Whyte, knew what the damned Darkness wanted. It wanted me. But was I willing to sacrifice myself? I didn't have much time to think about it.

It was literally a split-second decision. I looked at those who had backed me up through this; and the ones I had endangered. My Dad: Tom, my fairy godparents that I had for only two days: Iris and Cupid, my best friends: Allison and Candice.

Then there was the love of my life: Richie, my former baby sitter: Victor, the head fairy: Jorgen Von Strangle, his best friend: Nacey, my ex-fairy crazed teacher: Cobalion, one of the managers at NASA that hated my guts: David.

And lastly, my alien pal: Mark. All of their lives hung in the balance. My stomach was in knots. I was scared.

I was twenty seven years old, facing the Darkness. About to sacrifice myself to it. This was my destiny. If I sacrificed myself, they would be safe; if I didn't, the Darkness would continue to threaten everything I held near and dear.

I remembered to answer Allison's question and I gave the answer I knew I would come to regret not to mention everyone that was here with me in this same boat.

I answered, swallowing a bit, "I think it wants...me!"

...

Normal POV

Madelyn ran up the chain made out of her Dad, fairies, the magical being, friends, and enemies.

Tom cried out, "Madelyn, no!"

She stopped on Allison and yelled, "I've got to stop the damned Darkness once and for all!"

That's when she continued to climb, finally getting to Richie. And he was in tears.

He begged, "Madelyn, please. Don't do this. I love you!"

"I love you too," Madelyn confessed, "But it's either me or everyone else."

Without saying another word, the two teens kissed, confessing their love to each other, finally. But the kiss ended too soon as Madelyn turned to the Darkness.

She yelled, "You want me, you devil. You got me!" That's when she turned back to Richie and sadly muttered, "So long Richie."

That's when she unwillingly let go of Richie's hands and started to fly up towards the Darkness.

Richie yelled, as loud as he could, "Madelyn!"

The Darkness flew off once it had Madelyn.

That's when everyone cried out, "Madelyn!" They all fell back down to the blue moon's surface. Richie was the most heartbroken as he was sending the most tears. He commented, his voice cracking, "She saved us all."

Victor yelled, "Once again, and for the final time, she was being a bad ass!"

Candice hissed, "Don't you dare say that!"

Victor hissed back, "She is dead, Candice! Whether you believe that or not."

Candice frowned at that. Of course she didn't want to believe the fact Madelyn was dead. She looked over at Allison, whom seemed to be a million miles away. She sighed, looking at the star filled sky.

Madelyn was her best friend. She was always there for her, even when they had a fight. Candice could even recall when Madelyn started to become independent bad ass.

It started not too long after she heard that her Mom had a deadly illness. It was just a cover-up to hide her soft spots. Candice and Allison were the only two people she ever cried in front of.

Candice sighed. Just when she was about to talk to Allison, Jorgen spoke.

He stated, "The Chosen One saved us. Now, we must save her!"

At that moment, he 'poofed' up a rocket. Candice felt her heart lift with glee. There was still time to save Madelyn.

...

Wishmaker1028: To be continued... Is this the end of Madelyn Whyte? Will our heroes see her alive, again? Is Jorgen all brawn and no brains? Be here for Act III, Scene I. Coming soon! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!