iii

Jennie Gabe

"You shouldn't be scared of me." I told Kim.

I asked help from her to unpack but she hasn't said any word until we started and we're almost finish...

"Well, you ARE scary when your mother and Zayn are around." She said that made me chuckled and continue to unpack.

"Don't worry. I'm only a b*tch to my mom and to her boyfriend." I informed her that made her giggled.

"I don't mean to intrude but what did your mother did to you that made you hate her so much?" She asked that made me sighed.

"She left me and my father when I was 9 years old because she's tired of our lifestyle." I said. "So for 15 years, we live without her sending even a penny or even coming back. My dad worked so hard, his body became weak. So when I was 12, a modelling agent discovered me and made me a model. I work at an early age because my mother left us. And then when my dad died, she took me back! And I found out that she has a boyfriend!"

I explained then looked at her. "Well, I can't blame you for being a b*tch to Evelyn and Zayn. I mean, you've been through a lot." She said then I heaved a sigh.

"Enough of me. You! Since when did you work for him? And can you tell me a background check about my mom and her boyfriend 'cause I have no idea about them!" I said as I sat on my bed.

She also sat on the bed and started to talk. "My mom was a maid of Zayn's family but then she died during labor of me so I kinda work for Zayn since my birth."

She joked at the last line that made me chuckled.

"Zayn is actually kind." She paused then looked at me. "He's nice if you'll just get to know him." She said that made scoffed.

"Which I'm totally not planning to."

"His work?"

"Oh yeah!" She said. "He's a music producer in a very famous music production. I just don't know anything about music that's why I don't know the name..."

"How about my mother's work?" I asked.

"She's one of the most famous fashion designers in the world! She designs the clothes of presidents and famous celebrities!" I hummed on what she said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kim toured me to the house. She brought me to the front yard of the house and that's where we are now. I giggled at what Kim said when Zayn walked in with just a towel wrapped around his torso, showcasing his tattoos.

"Kim, could you make me some tea?" He asked Kim.

"Yeah, sure." Kim answered then jogged in the house to prepare his tea.

I looked around and totally ignored his presence but he spoke.

"I hope you like it here..." He said that made me scoffed.

"I would but if you're around me, I just couldn't." I said that made him sighed while my back is facing him.

"Are you really that rude?" He asked that made me notice of his British accent.

I turned to him seeing him standing, hands on his pockets. "I don't know. I wonder from which parent did I got it? Well, it's definitely not from my dad..."

"Listen. Your mom regretted what she has done, why can't you just forgive her?" 

"None of you don't know what I've been through so don't tell me those kinds of things."

He was going to say something but I interrupted him.

"Besides, why do you care so much about Evelyn? She's too old for you and you're too young for her! Why don't you just leave her?"

"And if I did... Would you forgive her?" 

"Are you willing to leave my mother just for me to forgive her?" I asked but continued eventually. "Actually, don't answer that. Whatever you do, I won't forgive my mother that easily..."