xxiv

Jennie Gabe

"Hi, Jennie!" The receptionist in the front desk of the hospital greeted me.

"Hey!" I greeted back.

"You're here to visit the super trio?" She asked that made me giggled.

"Yes but with a friend." I answered and pointed Zayn standing beside me holding the 4 bouquet of flowers we bought.

"Mr. Malik." She greeted him while blushing.

"Hey, love. Lovely seeing you again."
He flirted that made me roll my eyes as I wrote to the log book.

When I was done logging in, I bid her goodbye and then walked to Claire's room. I knocked then opened the door, seeing the nurse checking Claire's dextrose and Claire playing with her teddy bear. I cleared my throat and got their attention.

"Jennie!" Claire greeted while extending her arms. I ran to her and hugged her. I pulled away and looked at her.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"Better." She answered that made me smiled.

I looked behind me and saw Zayn standing behind me.

"Claire, this is my friend, Zayn and he brought something for you." I introduced him to her while he's handing the flowers to her.

"Hi, Claire." Zayn greeted her.

"Hi, Zayn. Can I tell you a secret?" She asked.

Zayn nodded and Claire gestured her hand to Zayn to come closer so Zayn leaned closer. Claire got her mouth close to his ear and whispered but enough for us to hear.

"I'm Wonder Woman." She said that made us smiled.

Zayn leaned away and spoke. "Hate to break it to you but M'Deadpool." He said that made Claire giggled.

After talking to Claire, we went to Thomas and Eddie to give them the bouquet of flowers we bought. After that, we exited the hospital.

"To whom is this last bouquet?" Zayn asked.

"You'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, Dad." I greeted as I lowered down to placed the bouquet of flowers on his gravestone.

"This is Zayn, mom's boyfriend." I said then looked at him. "No need to lie to him, he's dead."

"I wasn't complainin'." He defended that made me smiled. "Nice meeting you, Johnny." He greeted him while both of us sit on the grass.

"You don't mind, do you? I forgot to bring a carpet or a towel, at least." I asked him and he chuckled.

"Not at all." We sat there quietly until I spoke.

"Since mom left us, dad did all for me, for us. Work, household chores, taking care of me... Until his body became weak. I was in school with friends walking to the cafeteria when Garrett saw me and said he wants me to be a model. Since dad's sick, I accepted his offer and became a model."

I paused for a bit to glance at him and saw that he's listening to me intently.

"One day, he passed out so I brought him to the hospital. Dead on arrival. Heart failure. I cried for like a few minutes until I saw those three kids. They gave me happiness again. And since dad's dead and all of my money is being given to him, I decided to pay for the kids' hospital bills instead." I explained then he held my hand that made me looked at Zayn who is looking directly to my eyes.

"Glad to meet the real Jennie." He said then kissed my hand. I jokingly push him away that made us laughed. I looked around and saw people with cameras, realizing that they're paparazzi.

"You don't mind seeing with me in public?" I asked him. He looked to the direction I'm looking and saw the paparazzi as well.

"As I said, I'll explain it to Evelyn. Don't worry." He answered that made me nodded.

"Very random question." He started that made me looked at him. "What's your ideal date?" He asked me that made me blushed.

"It is random." I commented that made him chuckled. "Well... I don't know. I've never been into a real date." I answered then looked at him and saw his furrowed eyebrows. "I've never been into relationships and I'm allergic to the word 'commitment'. It was all just hook-ups and flings..."

" I understand." He said. "So what's your ideal first date then?" He asked.

I think before answering. "Just, you know, go into amusement park. Eat ice cream and talk to my date, get to know him." I answered and he nodded.

We stayed seated on the grass for a bit and then we decided to go home. Today was fun. Besides the coffee thing, me getting to know him and him getting to know me was great. And I can't help to notice my heart beats faster than its normal beat. Maybe that coffee gave me palpitations...