v

Jennie Gabe

"Evelyn won't be home for like a month or two, I think." Kim said that made my eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?" I asked then took a bite from the apple I was holding.

"She's like designing some clothes for some people of another country's government? I'm not sure..." She said while she continues to clean the living room.

"Realizing the fact that you first knew her schedule before the daughter. What a great mother I have, really." I said sarcastically while I bit into my apple.

"Would you listen if she told you?"

"Yeah." I answered. "I mean, I wouldn't care but I would've listened. She just didn't try." I added making both of us chuckled.

"Kim!" Zayn called her.

"Yes?" She asked then Zayn entered the living room.

"Tea please." He said while I took another bite, ignoring his presence.

"Sure." Kim answered then walked to the kitchen to make him a tea.

I felt someone sat beside me on the couch. I reached for the remote of the TV, switched it on and didn't remove my eyes on it.

But he took my attention when he wrapped his arm around my waist. I turned to him, seeing he has a smirk formed on his lips then noticed my neck.

"Why'd you hide 'em, doll?" He asked while he ran his finger on my neck (that is fully covered of foundation because of what he did last night) that made me slapped his hand away.

"Eww, stop calling me nicknames." I said then turned my attention to the television again.

"Really? That wasn't the reaction I heard last night..."

He trailed off then leaned closer to my ear and placed his hand on my thigh.

"... when you were moaning." He whispered but my phone rang that I immediately picked up without checking the Caller ID just to avoid Zayn.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Jen! We need you! Turns out, Chanel is packed next week. Jen, if you don't accept this, we'll lose a big client! Please Jennie!"

Garrett paused that made me stood up from the couch.

"You're not doing anything this week, right? Let's just adjust for them, please Jen!" I heaved a sigh then spoke.

"When do you need me?"

"NOW!" He shouted that made me shocked.

"NOW?!"

"Today's Friday and it's their only vacant this week. Please Jennie!!!" I groaned before answering again.

"FINE! SEND ME THE ADDRESS AND I'LL BE THERE IN AN HOUR!" I shouted then hanged up. 

"Everything okay, Jen?" I didn't notice Kim was already back from the kitchen.

She gave Zayn his tea and earned a stare from both of them.

"They need me at work right now." I answered her then groaned. "I'll just take a shower." I said before running upstairs, towards my room and took a shower. 

After 30 minutes of getting ready, I checked my phone and saw my manager texted me the address. I grabbed my purse where everything I need is in it and exited my room. I walked downstairs and saw Zayn talking to some blonde girl. Hmm, isn't she the girl he's making out last night? I stepped the last step of the stairs and was on my way to the door but Zayn called me.

I turned around to face him and I saw the blonde girl standing right next to him. 

"Jennie, this is my assistant, Gigi." He introduced Gigi to me. I widen my eyes realizing he's f*cking his assistant.

"Assistant." I repeated his word but he just looked down out of embarrassment.

I turned my attention to Gigi.

"Hi Gigi." I greeted her.

"Hi. I believe you're Jennie Gabe." She said with a smile.

"Yes, your boss's girlfriend's daughter." I said that made her smile faded. "Anyways, I really need to go."

I walked to the front door and grabbed the door knob when Zayn stopped me. 

"I'll drive you to your work." He said.

"I could get a taxi or an uber so there's no need to." I paused to look at him. "Besides, I don't want to go anywhere near you."

I twisted the door knob and opened the door when, once again, Zayn stopped me from going out.

"Jennie!" He called me but I didn't throw him a gaze. "Evelyn left me the authority to take care of you. You will follow my orders or else..." He trailed off but before he could say something, I cut him off by turning around to face him.

"Or else what?" I sternly asked him that made him clenched his jaw.

"Gigi, get my car keys." He commanded his assistant without breaking eye contact with me. 

His assistant went somewhere and left us two here.

"You're really a stubborn girl, aren't you?" He asked while stepping closer to me.

"Zayn." Gigi called him and then threw his car keys to him that Zayn caught in one hand.

"Stay here." He told his assistant that made her nodded and then harshly dragged me to his car. 

He unlocked his car and made me sit on the passenger seat then he jogged to the driver's seat and locked the car.

"Where?" He asked while he placed his hands on the steering wheel.

I realize there's no turning back, I searched my phone on my purse, unlock it and showed him the address my manager texted me. He started  the ignition and we hit off the road.