chapter 17

"Did you see the look on the waiter's face when he came back and saw us making out?"

Rachel laughed even harder when Finn mimicked the face, "Oh my God." She said after their laughing died down, "That was funny."

"It was hilarious." Finn chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his forehead on top of hers as they stood in front of her door.

Rachel sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I had fun tonight." She whispered, "this is probably the most fun I've had on a date in years."

Finn smiled, "I'm glad it was with me."

Rachel smiled back at him and stood on her tippy toes to give him a soft kiss, "I just wish our night wasn't ending so soon."

"Rach, it's midnight."

"Really? It only feels like ten o'clock." Rachel shrugged, "I still feel like time flew past."

"I know baby girl. Me too."

Rachel sighed, "Well, I guess I have to go." She said as she opened her door.

"Call me if you need me baby girl. Call me for anything at all. No matter what time it is."

"Noted. Can I have a kiss?"

"Of course." Finn bent down and kissed her lips softly yet passionately.

When he pulled away Rachel slowly opened her eyes and smiled, "Okay, you can leave now."

Finn chuckled and was about to start walking away until she called him back, "Wait!"

Finn chuckled and walked back over to her, "What now?"

"What does this make us?"

"I don't know baby girl. What do you want us to be?"

"I want you to be my um- my...boyfriend." Rachel mumbled.

Finn chuckled, "You want me to be your what?"

"Boyfriend." Rachel said a little louder.

Finn stepped closer to her and bent down closer, "I'm sorry. I don't know if I heard you right. It sounded like you said you wanted me to be your boyfriend? Am I right?"

Rachel laughed and hit him lightly, "Yes, Finn, I want you to be mine and me to be yours."

"You have me then baby girl." Finn whispered suddenly serious as he bent down to press his lips to hers.

Rachel squealed and jumped into his arms, "Yay!"

Finn laughed and wrapped his arms around her, "Okay, I really need to leave now."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Call me when you get home. Don't get hurt. Don't fall asleep while walking."

"Thanks for the advice Rach." Finn laughed.

"You're welcome Finny. Bye!"

"Bye Rach!" When Rachel finally closed the door he laughed and started walking to the elevators.

He almost made it down the hallway when Rachel called him, "Yes, Rachel?"

"You know how you said call you if I need you."

"Yes baby girl."

"Yeah, well, I need your body warmth in order to sleep so if you could just-"

"You forgot to lock the door Rach." Finn said as he walked into her room.

"Finny!" Rachel yelled as she held her arms out for him, "I missed you." Rachel said against his lips.

"I wasn't gone even five minutes."