Loose Canon

The next day has dawned. The outside is not seen due to the metallic slates covering the glass walls, but the time is proof that it is the morning. The six members have already finished breakfast, provided by Matteo.

Now in the training room, the members are now trying out Kailer's "Suit-Motos," or in other words, their super suits.

In the main room, Kailer steps back with a smirk on his face and inquiring eyes. "So...what do you think?"

Standing in front of him, facing him, are Matteo, Jake, Kale, and Jeremy. They are all wearing identical suits.

The suits are exactly like a skaters' hockey equipment, minus the blades of the skates and the head covering of the helmet. The colour scheme is black with a thick white stripe between thin, red, glowing stripes on the hem, sleeves, and socks.

On the centre of the jersey, where a logo is supposed to go, is a black circle surrounded by white and glowing red. There is a patch on the upper right side with the words "GJHP," including glowing red circles on their shoulders. Their junior numbers and surnames are also included on the backs and sleeves of their jerseys.

Jake is bent over, pawing at the socks. "I'm gonna have to get used to this." He straightens himself up and wiggles in his new suit.

Jeremy peers at the creator of the suits. "Why is it only skater style?" He shakes his leg pad-less leg. "What about us goalies?"

Kailer scratches his head. "I did give you two goalies goalie skates but your leg pads, gloves, and helmets are..." He drops his hand. "...inefficient for fighting."

Jeremy nods his head in understanding. "Ah."

"So this is how it feels to be a skater..." Jake peers at the others. "Odd!"

Matteo nods to Kailer with a satisfied smile. "It's good. Thanks, Doc."

He gives him a sweet smile. "You are most welcome!"

Jake then steps up to him. "Is Brett done yet with his suit?" He taps the tip of his fingers in anticipation.

Kailer lifts his wrist to his eye level, peering at his activated Wrist-Moto. "He should be coming out any moment..."

WRRR—! CLUNK. WRRR—! CLUNK. WRRR—! CLUNK.

Everyone turns around with surprised expressions to see the source of the booming, mechanical sounds.

Standing proudly in front of the entrance at the other end of the room is Brett in his own special super suit.

The suit is mechanical, completely made out of metal, therefore, giving him a bulky physique. The suit bears the same colour scheme as his major junior team: black with red, gray, and white accents.

Matteo gawks at the sight. "What the heck?"

"What are you wearing?" Jeremy asks with a frown.

"That makes you look fat," Kale points out bluntly.

"Brett!" Jake rushes up to his partner's side with delight-filled eyes. "Oh—" He places his hands on his smooth, tough shoulders. "—I'm so glad to see you, Brett, I've been missing you so much!" He peers down at what Brett is wearing. "Ooo—" He begins peering at the suit from different angles with quick movements. "—what is that you're wearing? It looks pretty shiny! It's like a tin can!"

Growing infuriated, Brett jabs a thick, sharp finger at Kailer. "Take your comments to smarty pants over there!"

Everyone turns their stares toward the scientist.