Go Jump In The Lake

Before you read:
Play the score above then start reading!

________________________

After no luck of Brett finding the Rink Destroyer in Moose Jaw or retrieving his home ice rink, he decided to return to the headquarters.

The night has fallen in Chicago, pouring its shadows in all areas. The waters of Lake Michigan is inky with the moonlight dimly glittering on its ripples. The sidewalk lamp posts lining both sides of the walkway by the shore are casting eerie spotlights on Brett's path.

Brett peers ahead, making out the dock camouflaged in the dark to his right. He begins to approach it, keeping his eyes on it to not lose his destination.

Suddenly, he spots a shadow arising from the dock. He halts dead in his tracks, not moving a muscle with sharp eyes on it.

The shadow advances toward him and glides into the light, revealing himself. It is the Rink Destroyer standing intrepidly. His visor gleams in the light as his keeps his head toward Brett, giving him a bold appearance.

Brett's eyes immediately flash at the sight of the man as fury curls up from inside him. "It's you," he growls. With bared teeth and lowered eyebrows, he storms up to him. "It's you who wrecked our rinks!" He halts a foot away from him with his left arm behind his back.

From behind him, his heavy-duty gun forms over his hand.

The Rink Destroyer stays still, not appearing fazed one bit.

"You will pay for every single one of them!" Immediately, Brett extends his arm from behind and fires red energy mercilessly at him.

The bullets whizz at the Rink Destroyer, instantly blasting into sparks of red inches from him. He stands motionless with a frown below his visor.

With an enraged expression, Brett continues launching rounds of bullets at him as the light from the spewing projectiles reflect from his face.

Instantly, the light is cut off, including the emission of bullets. Clunking sounds take its place: CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!

Brett peers at his gun with worried eyes. "Ohhh, no, no, no, no, no, nooo!" He attempts to work the gun, yet it jerks back, notifying him it is jammed.

With ire, he unclips his Wrist-Moto with his other hand, which is at the butt of the gun, and yanks it from his wrist. He then swings the gun-smartwatch behind his shoulder before thrusting it at the Rink Destroyer with harsh speeds.

The large device strikes the Rink Destroyer's visor with neck-breaking force.

"GAH!" The masked man flies backward and crashes onto the ground, skidding to a halt on his back. Immediately, he rushes back onto his feet, facing Brett once again.

His visor now has the butt of the gun and the Wrist-Moto protruding out from it, creating more jagged cracks on its surface.

The Rink Destroyer dips his head, his thick hair hanging down, grabs ahold of the smartwatch, and tugs at it once. The device is yanked out along with his shattered visor.

The glass pieces from the mask tinkle onto the ground, echoing in the night.

Brett stares at the new appearance of the Rink Destroyer with an anticipated expression.

The Rink Destroyer slowly raises his head up, revealing his face: olive skin, round, slightly heavy-lidded hazel-coloured eyes, well-defined eyebrows, stubble lining his jawline, chin, and above his lips.

Brett immediately makes a horrified expression at the reveal. His skin is pale with his eyes wide and jaw dropped. "Kale?!"

Kale tosses the Wrist-Moto gun to aside, into the dark, and strides up to him. "Don't you ever tell this to anyone!" He then sharply swipes his hand across the air.