Shouldn't Happen To A Dog

Brett and Jake have ended their chicken nugget throwing session and are now back at the table, rejoining Jeremy. Matteo is not in sight anymore.

Brett leans forward, peering the two goalies with anticipated eyes. "Should we give Wild Mike a codename?"

Jake immediately nods his head vigorously with a massive smile. "Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

"We can call him 'that cool guy.'"

Jeremy perks up from his smartphone with a wrinkled nose at him. "More like 'that random guy you guys brought along.'"

The other goalie then throws his head back and whines, "We're so sorry! He was just an innocent bystander and now he's caught up in our mess!" He drops his head into his hands and lets out wails.

Brett whirls to him excitedly. "Jake Dog, you're a genius!"

Jeremy knits his eyebrows. "Since when?"

Jake lifts his head back up with a happy look. "Since I learned how to eat a sandwich in under ten seconds."

"Ugh, gross." Brett shivers with a disgusted expression.

"So why did you call him a genius?" Jeremy asks him.

"Because..." Brett peers at both of them, building up the suspense in the atmosphere. "...we have 'The Innocent Bystander' in the house." He leans back with an arrogant smirk and arms under his head.

Jeremy gapes at him in confusion. "Aren't nicknames suppose to make a name short?"

"You guys do call me 'Jake Dog,'" Jake points out, turning his head to each of them.

"Forget it—" Brett throws his hands in the air. "—I'm sticking him with "'Wild Mike.'"

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

The three instantly perk up, whirling their heads with wide eyes at the control booth, where the beeping is coming from.

Instantly, Kailer appears next to the control booth in a flash of blue energy. "FIDDLESTICKS!" He throws himself underneath its cover, sliding onto its nearest chair.

His hands fly over the control panel laid out in front of the seats.

Right away, a rectangular, cyan-coloured hologram pops into view feet from the control booth, serving as a screen to the control panel. Red dots and blue graphs fly all over the screen as Kailer furiously locates the problem.

Matteo rushes from the nearest staircase next to the control booth. "What's going on?" he cries out, halting next to the scientist.

"There's danger!" Kailer hollers, not breaking his concentration from his typing. "One of our ice rinks have been targeted!"

"What?" Matteo knits his eyebrows down at him. "Our ice rink down there is fine."

The small teenager halts his movements and perks up at him. "Not that ice rink." He then promptly presses a white button.

The screen immediately zooms in smoothly on a map.

Kailer jabs his finger at the screen. "THAT ice rink!"

A pulsing, red dot is on a light shade of blue next to a ribbon of a darker shade of blue. Next to the dot is text in red: AGGANIS ARENA.

Jeremy, Brett, and Jake amble to the other side of the control booth with curious eyes on the massive, floating hologram.

Brett has his thick eyebrows scrunched at it. "What is...?"

Jake's eyes immediately fly open in horror. "My rink!"