Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth

The next morning after breakfast, which was provided by Matteo, Brett is ambling down the walkway of the second floor. He still bears the scratches and bruises on his hands, arms, and face from yesterday's battle versus the Rink Destroyer; his knuckles on his right hand are now bandaged.

He is approaching the staircase to get to the main room when he hears Kailer calling out to him:

"Howden! Howden!"

Brett twirls around to face the scientist, spotting him rushing up to him with his laboratory coat's tail billowing behind him.

"Whoa!" Brett yelps with wide eyes.

Kailer halts in front of him, breathing laboriously.

"What's up?"

The small teenager shoves his hand in his coat's pocket and pulls it out, holding out a small, black box toward him. "I don't have enough time to create a new suit for you from scratch, so in the meanwhile, I have created a multi-purpose gun."

With uncertainty, Brett plucks the box from his hand and lifts the lid upward. He peers down at the content of the object.

Inside is a small, black electronic chip.

Brett slowly peers back up at him. "Ummm...thanks?" He cocks a thick eyebrow.

"No, no, no, no—" Kailer waves his hands in front of him. "—put it in your Wrist-Moto."

Suspiciously, Brett picks the chip from the box and holds up his left wrist, revealing his Wrist-Moto over his black-coloured compression sleeve. He inserts the chip into the thin slot on the side of the smartwatch then turns back to the scientist.

"And hold your arm out" —Kailer holds his arm out toward him as a demonstration. "—thinking of a defense. Think angrily."

Brett furrows his eyebrows at his Wrist-Moto. He then snaps his arm out in front of him.

Instantly, a black, metallic gun forms itself from the smartwatch and over his hand, automatically aiming straight at the scientist.

His eyes fly open with astonishment. "Whoa! Awesome!"

Kailer claps happily with a proud smile. "Brilliant!" He ends his celebration. "And think of another weapon for it to change."

Brett eyes the gun with a smirk.

Suddenly, the gun ripples, morphing into a black hairbrush.

He turns to the small teenager with a big grin. "Thanks!" He then turns to climb down the stairs, combing the bristles through his thick hair.

Kailer gawks at him, following him with his eyes. "I did not slave over that for you to fix your hair!"

Brett peers behind his shoulder, not stopping his grooming. "Hey, I can use brushes as weapons, Doc! Don't underestimate my skill!" He then jumps down the last stair, arriving in the main room.

At the main table, Jake is sitting next to Zeke, his pet raccoon dog, sharing a bowl of chips with him.

"What—?" Brett immediately halts in his tracks and brushing, staring wide-eyed at his partner. "Jake Dog, I'M your bestie!" He strides up to him, stopping behind his chair, which is now occupied by the raccoon dog. "Your raccoon dog is taking my place!"

Jake shifts his body, looking at his bestie. "Well, there's room right here." With his long leg, he pulls the chair across from him and drags it around the end of the table, placing it to next to him.

Brett holds his hand out to the pet. "But your pet is eating from the bowl."

Zeke is contently grabbing a small paw-ful of chips and nibbling on them.