The Best Stick And Puck Session Ever!

Eleven years later
Lakeville, Minnesota

RING RING RING RING RING!!!

A red mechanical alarm clock hops in the air, its two bells vibrating feverishly, making its whole body shake.

Beyond the hovering, quivering clock is a bed with its quilts over its owner. The blankets begin to shift as the sleeper shuffles underneath it. Then a mass of tangled, brown hair pops out from the edge of the quilt, including the owner's face.

He has light brown hair with a blond highlight in the front, squinted, brown eyes, and freckles across his cheeks and nose bridge. This is Jake Oettinger, the newest goalie of the Boston University Boston Terriers.

Jake reaches over and slaps his floating and ringing alarm clock, shutting it off.

The clock drops back on its legs, still and quiet.

Jake has observant eyes on his motionless alarm clock, making sure it would not start ringing again. Yet beside the clock, he spots a slip of folded paper.

He pulls himself to a sitting position, revealing his white T-shirt, and swipes the paper. "What's this?" he asks in his fruity voice, unfolding the paper.

He then reads the text on the extended piece of paper.

Come Play In A Major Junior/Tier 1/Collegiate Stick & Puck Session!

Fox Valley Ice Arena, Chicago, Illinois Today @ 3:50 pm

Jake's small eyes fly open with excitement as he lets out an excited gasp. "Stick and puck?" he blurts out, the goofy tone in his voice becoming more evident. "I LOVE stick and puck!" He throws his hands with the paper in the air. "Let's go play stick and puck!"

He pulls his quilt off of him, revealing his plaid red flannel pants, swings his legs over the edge of the bed, and hops off of the bed.

He rushes across his room on the carpeted floor, passing by a curled up, sleeping raccoon dog.

The raccoon dog is quite big, bearing a thick, fluffy coat with different shades of gray, black, white, and brown. This is Zeke, Jake's pet raccoon dog.

Zeke perks his head up, awoken by the thumping footsteps of his owner. He has beady black eyes and small, rounded ears. The sides of his face have fur protruding from them, giving the impression of him wearing an Eskimo hood.

Jake pops back into view, fully dressed for the pickup session with his red and white Boston University-themed sweat jacket and sweatpants.

"Zeke, aren't you excited?!" Jake shouts exhilarated to his pet, throwing his hands in the air. "We're gonna play stick and puck!" He then swoops over and scoops Zeke's front small paws into each of his large hands and pulls them up, lifting the animal on his hind legs.

Jake then begins bobbing from side to side to the tune of his improvised song: "Dah-dah-dah-dah! Stick and puck! Dah-dah-dah-dah! Stick and puck! Dah-dah-dah-dah! Stick and puck! Skate! Shoot!"

He then places Zeke's paws gently on the carpet and swipes his new catcher's glove into his left hand. "...SAVE!" He holds his glove up in the air.

Seek peers up at him, letting out a low whine.

Jake drops his hand and turns back to his confused pet. "Alright, let's gooo!"

Chicago, Illinois
Seven hours later