Chapter Thirty One: Going in for the kill... I'm doing it for a thrill

Hi! Thanks for all the votes and comments you guys!

This chapter switches point of view from Riley back to Whitney. Don't usually like doing this but I wanted you to see a bit more about Riley.

Enjoy!

C h a p t e r ( 3 1 )

RILEY'S POINT OF VIEW - A rare insight into the male mind.

'Trust me man, this will do you good.' Riley could see Charlie roll his eyes behind his back.

'Oh piss off, I'm not depressed for the last time,' Riley insisted while knocking back the drink. If it was going to get Charlie off his back for a little while he'd knock back a whole carton.

'Sure, sure,' Charlie agreed sarcastically. 'You're definitely not heart broken... Because you definitely didn't just make all the guys beat the shit out of Warren and his mates for no reason at all - other than Whitney being car with them....' Charlie trailed off. 'Don't get me wrong bro, I love beating the crap out of those guys. But don't you think you're starting something unnecessary with them? They don't owe us anything, and vice versa. Don't we want to keep it that way?'

Riley shrugged and let out a small smile, 'I guess you're right - for once little brother.'

Charlie smirked, 'I'm always right.'

'About unnecessary fighting with Warren, not about the heart broken part. I am not heart broken, Whitney and I weren't ever really...' He trailed off shrugging. 'She was just a hot chick who wouldn't sleep with me, I kind of became obsessed with the chase.'

Charlie raised an eyebrow and chuckled, 'You are so full of shit.'

Riley grinned, 'Get out of my face,' he knew every single word he just told Charlie was a barefaced lie. And so did Charlie.

'So what are you going to do when you see her tonight?' Charlie prompted cracking open another beer and settling into the chair next to his brother.

Riley shrugged, 'Nothing I can do. Circumstances haven't changed, her Dad is still the guy who put our parents in jail Charlie... And before you start,' Riley eyed his brother who had opened his mouth to argue. 'Before you start, I realize it is nothing to do with Whitney herself.' Riley sighed heavily, 'It's just in our world we can't mess around with the enemy. It gets too complicated and she has obvious ties with Warren's group, whatever the hell they are.'

Charlie frowned, 'I see your point but -'

'No buts,' Riley shook his head.

'But...' Charlie continued ignoring his brother cheekily. 'I think you need to be the one that puts all that crap behind us. Do we really want this feud between our parents to carry onto our lives like this? Think of all the damage it's already done.'

Riley squinted up at his younger brother slightly surprised, 'Didn't think you had any words of wisdom in you buddy.' Then he chuckled, 'Although I'd hardly call it wisdom, rather stating the obvious.'

'Shut up and drink your beer,' Charlie shot back with a grin.

'Now there's some words of wisdom,' Riley smirked and knocked back his drink. He was having some drinks with Charlie to shut him up, because all he did lately was moan on about how he stuffed up with Whitney. And how he was being too 'high and mighty' when he stopped seeing her because of their parents.