Chapter Seven: A fight and a bet

---

Whitney didn't even know why she freaked out in the bar. She attributed it to the copious amounts of alcohol consumed. But she may have slightly overreacted staring at Georgia horrified and then fleeing the bar altogether without another word. She wasn't sure how she even located the door, and was slightly mortified to realize she was crying. Definitely the alcohol.

She was sitting outside in the car park sniffling because she realized her bag was still inside and there was no way she was facing everyone again. She was annoyed with herself for getting so upset, because she wasn't with Robbie anymore. She hadn't been with him for three years, so why shouldn't he move on? Thinking about it now, the only reason she'd thought about hooking up with him again was because he was so damn flirty with her all the time! She was frustrated and angry with everyone, and the vodka wasn't helping.

'You're always such a damsel in distress, you know that Blondie?'

Her head snapped up at the familiar jokey tone. Riley was standing next to her, a drink clasped in one hand and a semi concerned look on his face. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt that fit him snugly showing the hint of muscles on his stomach. Of course he would look great and find me a crying mess!

'Seriously, I don't need your crap now,' she replied defeated. The last thing on her mind was having a banter with Riley Bedford.

'Everything ok?' He persisted, looking uncomfortable. Crying girls weren't his forte.

'Yeah fine, just stupid high school drama returning to haunt me,' she answered truthfully definitely believing she'd overreacted now. If stupid Robbie had told her without alcohol present she'd have had a better reaction to the news.

'Whit?'

Both Riley and Whitney turned to find Robbie standing behind them, he looked scared and ashamed, until he recognised Riley. 'What the fuck are you doing with this loser Whitney?'

'Those are some big words for a little boy, officer,' Riley didn't even seem phased by Robbie's hostile tone. But Whitney was.

'Excuse me Robbie Peterson!' She stood up absolutely fuming. 'This loser was helping me out. Looking out for me, you know something you used to do? Thanks for the heads up too, mentioning you were dating Georgia and you were having a baby with her? Yeah, something that would have gone down nicely when you were flirting your ass of with me the last two days. You're a prick!'

It was then she realized who she was really mad at. Robbie for acting as though no time had passed, flirting with her making her happy to be home and then dropping this bombshell on her in front of all their friends.

'Wait Whit! I'm not dating her! Well not anymore anyway!'

'Oh God, lovers tiff? That's disgusting. Thought you were cool Blondie,' Riley interrupted with a grin, loving the tension. There was nothing he adored more then to see Rob get taken down a peg or two.

'Get lost Bedford!' Robbie wasn't even looking at him instead watching his former best friend tear him to pieces.

'I think I'll stay actually,' Riley laughed at him. 'Hey Blondie, if you really want to make him jealous you should make out with me. Just saying, it might cut him deep.'

Whitney turned to the smirking Riley and rolled her eyes, 'Get over yourself. And you Robbie, can get stuffed. You think 'not dating her' sounds better? So you got a girl pregnant and left her? Nice one asshole. I'm getting out of here as soon as possible. Enjoy your baby.' She knew it sounded lame, but she was drunk and upset and needed to get the hell out of there.