Chapter Thirty Three: Operation Seduction

Chapter ( 3 3 )

'So you forced him to go on a date with you and you're freaking out because you have nothing to wear...?'

Whitney glanced up at Lila from her spot on the floor where she was rummaging through her clothes and shot her a mean glare, 'you make it sound bad when you say it in that tone.'

'Forcing a guy to date you is bad Whit,' Lila was trying to keep a straight face but she couldn't help bursting into laughter. She couldn't believe she was even having this conversation.

'It's hardly forcing him, more like encouraging him...' Whitney frowned as she continued her rummaging through the pile of clothes.

'Proper stalker talking there Whit,' Lila grinned wryly.

'Lila baby, I love you but I'm not taking your love advice...' Whitney rolled her eyes at her friend.

'This isn't love advice, it's legal advice,' Lila burst out laughing at her own quick wit.

Whitney omitted a small grin, 'Shut up! He didn't say no, did he?'

'Because you didn't give him a chance to,' Lila retorted.

'Whatever, I think it's the perfect idea to fix everything. Riley is finally talking to me again after everything that's happened, all we need is a little nudge in the right direction and we'll be back to the way things were.' Whitney paused and giggled, 'That awkward flirting/ banter thing we had going on anyway.'

Lila frowned, 'I guess...But Whitney, do you ever think it was a little weird how he completely cut you off when he found out who your family were? I mean it wasn't your fault, in fact you had no idea your family had this crazy double life.'

Whitney sighed, yeah of course it was weird and annoying and she'd thought about it a lot. But what could she do? She couldn't pretend her feelings didn't exist for Riley, and she couldn't blame him for freaking out initially. It was quite the bloody coincidence her father was responsible for his fathers incarceration.

Whitney just shrugged at her friend and continued sorting through her clothes.

'Want to borrow something of mine again?' Lila finally asked the question Whitney had been hinting at all morning.

Whitney's face beamed, 'Yes! Thank you!' She jumped up and hugged Lila squealing excitedly. 'Now I'll have a perfect outfit, I just need to figure out what we're going to do on the date!'

Lila grinned, 'You mean apart from the rampant sex fest?'

Whitney felt herself blush despite knowing very well she was attempting to seduce Riley tonight, 'Yes apart from that.'

Lila squealed in laughter, 'It's so funny when you talk about sex Whit! You were always so reserved in high school I honestly thought you'd wait until you were married.'

Whitney chuckled along with her friend, 'I was a bit of a late bloomer wasn't I?'

"Late bloomer?' Lila giggled. 'I remember in year eleven Tony Jackson tried to kiss you in drama class and you fell over the railing of the stage trying to get away!'

Whitney blushed in embarrassment, 'Shut up! That was scary, and I told him to back off.'

Lila raised an eyebrow trying to hold in her giggles, 'You broke your arm Whit.'