Eleven

Veronica had the hard job of telling everyone Betty had 'committed suicide'. She knew many people would be heart broken but she couldn't break her best friends promise just as she knew Betty wouldn't brake hers, Betty would come back and she would be okay until she did.

Veronica had decided to tell Jughead first, considering he was the one who saved Betty the first time, he wouldn't find it so hard to believe she had tried again.

Veronica walked over to Jugheads dorm, where inside was Kevin, Joaquin and Jughead. Kevin would definitely be most effected, him and Betty had been friends for what seemed like forever.

'hey Veronica, wassup?' Jughead asked.

'Its..its Betty.' Veronica said, putting on her best sad voice, although she didn't have to try to hard as her best friend was still gone and would be for a while.

As soon as the words escaped Veronica's mouth the mood dropped.

'What about her' Jughead snapped.

'She..she jumped in to the river' Veronica stuttered.

Immediately Kevin broke down. 

Veronica felt so so bad, putting them through all this pain, she should just tell them, but she knew she couldn't.

'LIAR' Jughead screamed, 'YOU WOULD OF STOPPED HER, STOP LYING'

'I'M NOT LYING JUGHEAD, DON'T BELIEVE ME, ASK THE POLICE'

Veronica had already filed a report of a suicide in the river, people had been searching it, of course they wouldn't find a body, but this needed to be believable, Betty needed to have an escape without being discovered.

After everything Betty had been through, Veronica completely understood, she had been cheated on, played with and felt so alone. She needed to get away without Archie knowing, Jughead knowing, Anyone knowing, because then they would always try to bring her back, want her memories to haunt her. 

She needed an escape.

Jughead began to believe it to, after everything Betty had been she had every reason to. He was devastated, and it was partly his fault.

______

Okay I'M BACK FROM MY BREAK GUYS, I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH THE STORY AND I'M SORRY THIS WAS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I'M GOING TO BE DOING SHORT CHAPTERS MORE OFTEN  :)