Twenty Six

"Holy shit, Veronica your alive." Reggie gasped, as he ran towards my falling body.

I am finally safe.

My eyes begin to feel heavy as strong arms wrap around me and as the darkness takes over, I am left hearing whispers in my ear that I was safe now.

I was finally free.

The light is almost blinding me and the pounding in my head continues even as black consumes me, but that didn't matter because Archie would go down and I could finally rest without the constant fear of being murdered creeping around me in my mind.

I feel my body be carried into a car or something of the sort and even though i'm surrounded by shallow nothingness I am still completely aware of everything going on around me.

"Shit V, stay with me here, please." Reggie curses, was I loosing myself?

It was finally the end for me, why could I not be okay, completely ridden of all suffering.

At least I had been found.

It was supposed to be Betty that saved me, she was the one who got me into this mess, she should have been the one to get me out.

At least I'm not still there.

I'm grateful to be alive.

The car begins moving and everything stands still as I'm fully engulfed into the abyss.

Jugheads POV:

The police were everywhere, surrounding Cheryls dead body and the blood that almost completely consumed her.

It was a complete mess.

At least now we had a lead, Archie Andrews being that lead.

The ginger casanova, may be behind all the brutal events that unfolded over the last week.

Betty was stood a shivering mess in the middle of the scene, police bothering her for statements as her fragile state shook her head as more tears full.

I was surprised she even had any tears left.

Everyone had been going through so much pain lately and it was getting harder and harder to watch Betty fall apart.

I was sure by now that I loved her.

When this nightmare is over I will be sure to take her on a date, start over and be real about everything.

Who knew my one night stand would turn into something so beautifully tragic.

All the drama was worth it though, because she was like a star, guiding us through the tragic night. 

I gently grabbed her by the wrist and led her outside the door, making sure the police had our contact information, normally they would have taken us to the police station for a statement, but after everything, we just needed to be able to leave.

For today it was the end and we could pick this whole nightmare up tomorrow.

"She never liked me, Cheryl didn't," Betty coughed out as we walked to the dorm.

"What" I replied, curious as to where she was going with this.

"She always used to sleep with Archie to spite me and now, I wish I could have helped her out of this mess. I wish I could've been friends with her. Now she's dead and probably died hating me."

What she said stunned me.

After all the torment someone could give her, Betty Cooper still was an angel about everyone and god Cheryl didn't deserve to die, nobody does, but Betty didn't deserve this constant pain.

When we reached the dorm, nobody else was there, thankfully, so I made sure Betty had a shower to relax herself, whilst I cooked up something to eat.

As I was cutting up some carrots, to make a quick salad for the both of us, my phone began ringing and messaging kept coming through, my phone blinging so much that I was sure it might crash.

When I picked it up, not bothering to check who was calling, I was greeted by frantic voices somewhere in the background and Reggie's voice rang clearly despite the noise in the background.

"I found her. I found Veronica." He said in a rushed voice.

I dropped the phone and ran to see if Betty had finished in the shower.

..

aLRIGHT

I know I said I would update more BUT 

here me out

I started writing a new story on my non riverdale account

Im so sorry

And starting a new school has been hard

I hope to get this story finished now and get back to the bughead basics now that all the drama is gone.

Even though I dont like riverdale and even ship Bughead anymore tbh, Im finishing it for my readers because you guys are amazing, I love you all so much