twelve

Betty had ended up staying with her Aunt, Maxine Cooper.

She told Maxine about everything.

Archie cheating on her, Jughead playing with her and mental health messing with her. Any other family member would of turned Betty away, or told someone but Maxine was one of the few kind and caring Coopers. She was related to Betty through Alice, it was her sister in law, though, but Maxine treated Betty like her own.

Maxine's house was huge, Betty had her room, it was white and some some sweet furniture in, A cute bed, a vanity table, grey carpet and fluffy rug, with a huge mirror on the wall.

Although there was only furniture in the room Betty knew she would get used to this.

Maxine would treat Betty like a daughter.

Betty still had a bit of money remaining from the journey so she decided to go into the local town with Maxine to see what there was.

This was all so strange for Betty but she felt so happy, something she rarely felt.

There was no Jughead or Archie, which meant no stress and pain.

She left all the bad memories behind.

of course Betty wouldn't stay here forever, Betty was going to stay for a semester or so, before returning. By then she assumed everyone would have forgotten her, moved on. But Betty had never been more wrong.

Every single day Veronica called Betty,checking in on her and every day Betty would share stories of how she was happy and the two best friends would tell each other how much they missed each other.

***

It had been a few weeks or so since Betty had moved and she got her daily call from V.

Betty decided to ask how Jughead was doing and although she assumed he would move on, Jughead was broken, he hadn't left his room since he fount out. Betty felt so guilty, but then again this was the guy that made Betty's life a living hell, along with Archie, but he was irrelevant to Betty now and Betty honestly was over him.

Recovering from something as big as what Betty had been through was hard, but eventually Betty pulled through.

And a few months later, was finally ready to face her 'friends' again.