Twenty Seven

Betty's POV:

Hearing those words was like a crashing wave of relief. Knowing she was alive and safe. It's like every bit of pain had been lifted of my chest and I hoped this could all be over now. For all of us.

Veronica deserved so much better than what happened to her, she was nothing but sweet, kind and caring.

Now we had evidence that Archie may have been behind this, we could only hope that Veronica knew who it was, so we could get this insane person behind bars, locked away for a long time.

I wasn't going to cry now. Veronica needed us to be strong for her so I didn't let myself cry with relief.

"Where is she now." I asked Jughead.

"In the hospital, the police are searching the area and there is now a hunt for Archie Andrews."

Archie FUCKING Andrews was a dead man walking, because I was going to fucking kill him when all of this had been sorted.

God can only hope for his sake, he stays away.

No longer was I the fragile girl who tried to kill herself that day.

I was out for blood, because my best friend had been hurt.

Before doing anything else though, I grabbed a bobble, threw my hair into a very messy bun and grabbed some clothes, not bothering with how they looked.

By the time I had finished rushing around ready to go see Veronica, not even sure if they would let me in, I was sure I looked like a complete psychopath, but that didn't matter at all to me.

"Jug, I need to go see her." I said.

"Betty, I don't think that's a good idea, they probably won't let you just yet anyway."

"Jughead, I'm serious, I need to see her." Knowing that she was safe set some sort of peace off in me and maybe if we caught Archie, all the trouble would finally come to an end, Jughead and I could finally have our own glimpse of happiness and Veronica would end up alright after all this.

"Okay." Was his simple reply, I'm glad he understood. 

"Come on then, lets go."

We walked, because the hospital wasn't too far and Jughead called people like Kevin to let them know that Veronica was safe.

Jughead had been told that the state she was in was really, really bad at the minute but its just a relief that she is even alive after all of this.

When we arrived at the building, it seemed to loom over us like a monster, it had a very eerie feel about it, but then again it was a hospital. A place of death.

I sweeped those thoughts to the corner of my mind and we proceeded to enter the building, walking up to the front desk.

"Hello, our friend, Veronica Lodge was recently admitted here and we were hoping to be able to see her." I spoke, the receptionist looked us up and down in a somewhat rude manor before saying,

"We are only letting family visit her at the minute, so unless you are related to the patient, we won't be letting you see her."

I was taken aback by the snarky tone in her voice, she seemed to be a very judgy person but I bit back any harsh replys and simply smiled at her.

"Yes, we are her cousins, i'm sure you could call down Hiram Lodge and ask him yourself if you won't allow us to visit."

At the mention of his name it was clear her mood and attitude had changed, probably because Veronica's dad was a very wealthy business man with a low tolerance for 'bitch'.

"Here are your visitors pass, its floor 2, corridor B and room 234."

"Thank you" I replied.

As soon as we were out of earshot, Jughead nudged me, a smirk on his face, as he opened his mouth to speak, before closing it again.

"Spit it out." I giggled.

"So, cousins, that's what we are." He winked. "Nah kidding, it's just really smart what you did back there, mentioning Hiram"

"I know right" I said, smugness evident in my voice.

Finally, after venturing through endless hallways, we reached corridor B, room 234.

"So, this is it." Jughead whispered.

"I finally get my best friend back."

I knocked on the door.