Twenty Eight

Veronica's POV:

There was a knocking at the door and my father got up from his seat, he and my mother raced to the hospital as soon as the news of my finding had reached them, if it weren't for Reggie Mantle, one of my old classmates, I may have never escaped.

I explained to the police in detail, about everything that I had been through and after a long time of thinking I realized I wasn't mad at Betty, right now I just needed to see her, to hug her again and let her know I'm okay, I can only imagine how guilty she herself must have felt and I can not add to that as well by being mad at her.

At the end of the day she is my best friend and I know that she has done all she can to try and find me, the police filled me in on the discovery of Cheryl Blossom and I confirmed to the police that it was Archie Andrew who had done this, they were also going to let Betty know Archie's motives soon, but not just yet because they needed to find him and until he was behind bars Betty could not know or feel unsafe, it would cause more issues.

My dad had been talking in a low whisper at the door for some time now, but I didn't have the strength to sit up and see who he was talking to right now so I stayed in my comfortable position with my head finally resting against something that wasn't a cold floor.

The nurses ran so many tests on me when I came here and fixed up the wound in my leg, they also told me I was severely dehydrated and starved, so were sure to fill me up with lots of water, medicine and nasty hospital food.

What I would do for a McDonalds right now though. I was tempted to ask my dad to fetch me one.

"Veronica," My mother softly whispered in my ear, "You have two visitors, it's Betty and Jughead, do you want to see them?"

I wanted to see them more than anything, so I used all my built up strength to sit up and quietly hummed a "please"

My mum turned to tell my dad.

The first glimpse of Betty confirmed everything I had said, she looked so sleep deprived and I just needed to hug her.

"Betty" tears began slipping down my face at the sight of my best friend.

"Oh V, I missed you so much." She cried, running into my arms, lightly to assure she wouldn't  harm my already fragile state.

We just sat there for a while in silence, holding one another as everyone else awkwardly stood by and watched, not knowing what to do or what to say. 

After a while she let go of me and stood up, tears staining her cheeks. I missed her so much.

Jughead was the next to embrace me, which was strange, but I didn't mind.

"We're glad you're home Veronica, we are so sorry for what happened." He mumbled before releasing me and standing next to Betty.

My parents were the next to stand, politely dismissing themselves to give us all some time to talk.

"Veronica i'm so so sorry, it's all my fault I should have never suggesting going to that stupid party." Betty sighed.

"Please, B, it isn't your fault it was Archie's, I just hope they catch the sick bastard soon." The last thing I needed was her blaming herself,

"So it was Archie." She said under her breath.

I shook my head side to side, confirming her assumption.

"But why." Jughead asked.

I would tell him eventually, but I couldn't whilst Betty was around, it would freak her out, so I simply told them I didn't know and hoped it would be the end of it.

"Now tell me everything I missed so I can be all caught up and get back to my normal life, I don't want to spend another minute thinking or talking about the dreadful events to the police or anyone ."