Chapter 13

I walked down downstairs slowly. Mom was sitting at her work desk doing her homework. My eyes were roaming around the room trying to find the guys. I noticed they were gone.

"Um...Mom. What happened to my friends." She looked up from her glasses.

"They said they had to go home." I looked away confused.

"When did they say that."

She rolled her eyes looking back down at her books. "While you were sleeping." I was about to flip out. Where are they? I was tugging on my hair almost pulling it out.

I marched back upstairs and fell on my bed face down. I sighed.

I heard something vibrating. I picked my head up and looked to my left. My phone's screen was lighting up. I reached over to the nightstand and looked at my phone.

You have one new message. The phone said. I went to the messages and was puzzled. There was never on my phone a name that said unknown. I squinted my eyes and slowly looked around the room.

Don't panic Layla. We're at Luke's house.

There was a smiley at the end. I replied an "Ok." and tossed my phone on the bed getting up.

" I have to tell my mom. I have to tell my mom." I said walking around the room. "You know what. It's for me to put my foot down and tell her. . .and dad. I knew I should have done this yesterday."

I went downstairs. And back into the room mom was in. I stared at her. She was looking down at her books with her little glasses on. I started having second thoughts.

You know. I should wait until she's finished her work.

I turned around on my heel about to go back upstairs.

"Lay. What are doing back down here again." I cursed under my breath. I turned around with a smile.

"Oh, nothing. Just checking...-"

"Is there anything that you have to tell me?" She took her glasses off and put them down on the desk.

"Yes and no," I said awkwardly.

"What is it." She laughed.

"Um...How can I start this." I mumbled looking at everything around me. A light bulb went off above my head.

"So you see how the five boys that were here earlier."

"Yea. What about them."

"Well...Let's just say I kinda...kidnapped them?" My mom's face was expressionless. She started laughing.

"You're kidding me. Right?" I looked down and shook my head. She stopped laughing. "Where did you kidnap them." She crossed her arms getting up and walking over to the couch to sit down. I turned to her.

"At a stadium," I mumbled. I heard her choke.

"A stadium?" She knitted her eyebrows. "W-what stadium." She stuttered.

"The football stadium (American football)"

"The one in the city?" She was pointing in the direction where the city and the stadium were, which was on the west side of where I lived. I nodded my head.

She looked lost slowly looking around the room. "I don't get it. How did you kidnap them from an st-"

"Mom. That's one direction." I said out of nowhere.

She choked a 'Huh?'.

"I...kidnapped...One direction." I tried to say slowly.

"I'm going to be as calm as I can be. You kidnapped One Direction. The ones I always see on your computer." I nodded my head awkwardly.