Chapter 22

Unknown P.O.V

I twirled my thumbs around in a circle, waiting for the nurse to come back and check on Layla or give Mrs. Quinn feedback.

I've been sitting here for almost two hours and they still haven't come in yet. Everyone is sleeping right now, but I'm wide awake making sure Layla is doing okay. The monitor hooked up to Layla said it's eighteen seventeen.

That knock on the door kinda scared me since it was kinda bold. I saw Layla's eyes move under her eyelids.

"Come in." Mrs. Quinn said, waking up.

"I'm here to take Layla into the X-ray room. Is that okay?"

"Yes, please." Mrs. Quinn blinked slowly. 

Another doctor came in and helped roll the bed out the door. After a few minutes passed by she came back into the room and told Mrs. Quinn a few things.

"Boys, you have to get up." I stood up and pulled my best mate up. I guess Mrs. Quinn could handle the rest.

After we all left the room the doctor lead us into a room.

"I know you guys are hungry, what do you all want?" I sat down in a chair.

"Water," I simply said. The others were still drowsy from sleep.

"What he said." One said rubbing a sleep mark on his arm. She put on a big smile.

"I'll just bring a few things." She closed the door softly.

"So you guys alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Where's Layla?" One asked. I sighed and blinked slowly.

"She's getting her leg fixed up." With a careless attitude I picked up a teen magazine not caring that I wasn't really that interested in it, but I needed a distraction, I skimmed through it and put it back down on the table. He hummed and sat down in a chair behind him.

"Why are we in this room?" I rolled my eyes.

"We're waiting." I simply said.

"What time is it?"

"Don't you have a watch,"

"Since when do I wear watches." He snickered. Before I could say a rude remark a nurse with a basket of food came in and put the basket down on a table in front of me. I sat back. Everyone was quiet.

"These are all for you guys. You can take whatever's in that basket. Help yourselves." She smiled and walked out closing the door softly. She's so nice. I took a water bottle and left it next to me in my chair.

***

         Layla

"Are you feeling okay Layla? Does your leg hurt?" My mom was asking these simple questions while I just said fine and yeah, throughout the whole walk across the street to the car. The boys have been acting weird ever since I've woken up. It's almost as if someone put them on a mute button. I was getting a little afraid of this silence. This is the quietest I've ever seen them. I sat in the back and rested my now starting to be an irritating and annoying leg on an armrest in front of me.

"Are you comfortable without your seat belt?" Liam asked me now turning into my mom. I nodded while I tried to lay my crutches somewhere that wouldn't be in the way of anybody.

"Let me help you with that," Liam said taking both my crutches and laying them across his legs. Once we were driving I spoke without thinking.

"Why are you guys so quiet."

"I thought that our talking would annoy you," Harry said turning around with the stupidest pity face he ever made.

"Is this because of my leg?" Zayn nodded.

"Isn't it hurting right now?" Niall turned around and asked me. I sighed in annoyance.

"Does it look like it's hurting?" He shook his head. "Then no." My voice was almost a shout. I don't know if it's this stuff that the hospital put me on.

"Sorry," I said quietly. I thought I was starting to scare him.

"Are you okay Layla?" My mom said all the way from in front of the car. I almost didn't hear what she said.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I mean, your acting weird."

"Yes, I said yes. Didn't you hear me?" I shut right up noticing that I was talking to my mom. She hummed.

"Sorry," I said quietly. The voices were silent in the car. I thought they were all deep in thought thinking 'What the hell is up Layla?'. I chuckled quietly.

"The doctor told me that they put you on something that when you wake up you would act like yourself." Mom commented.

"Mhm," I said.

"What were you doing in the street?" Liam whispered to me. I huffed and turned to him.

"I don't want to talk about that right now," I whispered harshly. Liam nodded with a sarcastic smile. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.