Idiot Hyung

Yoongi has a soft spot for jimin.

It's not an assumption, it's a fact.

He's actually soft for all the members, especially the maknae-line. But jimin gets away with a whole lot more than all the other members combined.so much that the members no longer question it.

When it comes to jimin it looks like the reserved rapper no longer has a line to be crossed.

Even he stopped getting surprised with his inability to get annoyed with the brat, but it's not his fault.
It's physically impossible to get mad at the younger with the soft squishy cheeks and tender starry eyes, so he just accepts his fate.

He's had this soft spot since the moment he'd seen the boy years ago. But it wasn't creepy or anything.
It's just that yoongi was weak for anything cute, and the younger was cuteness embodied.

At first, it did cause a little bit of trouble between him and his roommate.

Well, not really, his mind over-thinking and jumping to conclusions did. But that only happened because Yoongi was aware of his weakness for the little boy from Busan.

It was the first year after they debuted, in a fan-meeting when he had the standard question of who he was closest to.
He contemplated this for a bit before saying that he was close to all the members but then decided to fuck it. After all, why deny the obvious? That will only create unnecessary rumors after.

He called for jimin, to give him a hug, showing how close they were, but somehow Jin used his fan to create a barrier between them, which confused yoongi.

They were idols. Skin-ship was expected of them. Some idols even had to kiss and feel each other up so why was Seokjin acting like that.

He spent the rest of the day spacing out and thinking about the weird reaction until he was pulled out of his thoughts with a windshield laugh to find Namjoon and Jin sitting close and joking around together.

He remembers the anger he felt when he assumed that Namjoon must've told the eldest about Yoongi's sexuality.

He really shouldn't have trusted the younger so soon, but the leader just didn't seem like the type of person to talk about someone behind their back or spread their secrets around, even though yoongi didn't exactly specify that what Namjoon saw should be kept a secret.

He thought that goes without saying but apparently he was wrong.

He was barely keeping himself in check not to cause a scene in front of the maknaes, but once they reached the company he demanded to talk to Jin alone in the recording studio.

Jin didn't look bothered and just followed him there like there was nothing wrong.

Once they were behind closed sound-proof doors yoongi practically growled:

-" What the fuck is your problem?!"

The elder looked genuinely surprised, which only made yoongi angrier.

Did he really think yoongi wouldn't notice?

Those were the type of homophobic people he hated the most.
The ones who somehow thought one's sexuality somehow got in the way of one's intelligence.

And so he went on:
-" what?! did you think just because I'm attracted to guys I'll prey on jimin? Is that it? He's a kid Jin! Just because I'm not straight doesn't make me a predator! Just like we're not attracted to every girl we see, me being attracted to guys doesn't mean I'm attracted to all males! You guys are my family, I don't see you that way, so how about you cut the BS. You don't need to protect them from me!"