WHEN SUMMER ENDED

I M P O R T A N T
Hi guys! Thanks for reading this far into the book. There's a long way to go and I need your help if you wish to me to continue with the story. 

I really just want to know if you like this story at all.. Readers ask for likes and comments.. you can do that or you can even message me - I'm not looking for this book to become super popular or anything - there are much better writers than me on Wattpad. All I want is some motivation to keep this thing going. I never leave long authors messages - usually a quick little blurb at the end of the chapter.. so please let me know - thank you, thank you - thank you!!
xPearlsx

Months had passed by, summer had come and gone - just like that. 

Seeing him around the palace made my heart thud like a maniac. We've made small talk in the presence of other, however, we were far from okay. I could see him longing for me just as I was sure he could see me longing for him every times our eyes met. 

It was clear, he was restraining himself from claiming me. No doubt he was digging further into Lothar and our previous lives. 

I had begun feeling caged within the palace walls. My freedom to go wherever I pleased was snatched the night my parents were murdered. The night I lost the two most important people to me, I gained a soulmate.. who ultimately couldn't be mine without him sacrificing himself.

He wasn't in my room at night anymore, he literally avoided me at all costs - but we still crossed paths here and there, and in those fortunate moments I would let my eyes absorb him as much as possible before he disappeared for days again.

It's true, all the riches in the world cannot make everyone happy. Not everyone defines happiness through numbers. I woke up and slept in luxury, but I wasn't happy - I was far from happy. Though I braved a smiling face to avoid speculation, I was falling apart.

Throughout the warm months, I spent as much time as possible outdoors. I had reached as far as the gates in the woods and had walked along the entire parameter. I knew exactly where I could find a log to sit on and where there would be a stream to cool off. I had also started training early mornings, it helped release my anger.

Still, I hadn't seen any wolves on the kingdom grounds. I was curious to see a shift, I've never seen one occur before.

Surprisingly, my guard, Lukas, had become a friend - his frightening stance no longer scared me.  I found a small pond thanks to him and it quickly became my favourite place to read. Lukas didn't have a mate and he had no expectations to find one - his mother was mate-less until she had selectively mated with his father, who had lost his mate to a few bad wolves. Wolves could choose to mate with anyone they wanted to - it was strange. Didn't Lothar know of this?

My 21st birthday had passed in August, I celebrated it with Lukas, Brenda and Mia with a small cake and tons of gifts from the three of them. Roland from Redsnow had sent me another letter, and like the last ones, I burned them without reading them.

Mia had been relentless, Brenda and her were constantly bickering - more than usual. Maybe because Mia had been busier than usual with her training - I had no idea when it came to that woman.

I walked into the woods clutching my book for the day. Lukas was trailing ahead of me concentrated on our surroundings with an alert face. Once we arrived at the pond I took my usual seat on a tree stump while Lukas chucked pebbles he collected on our way here, into the pond. 

"What's on your mind?" I asked Lukas, he looked like he had something on his mind

"What do you mean Ara?" he had finally stopped calling me by my title, it had taken several weeks for him to get used to it. He only called me by my name when we were away from prying ears - otherwise it was 'your majesty' or 'your royal highness' or 'Queen Ara' in front of them.