WHEN MY WORLD FELL APART

Neilla was over to borrow an outfit.

"I always liked green" she pressed a short dress to herself and looked at her self in my mirror. 

I ignored her completely, reading on my phone.

"Hey!" she shout out. I looked at her frustrated face.

"Yeah it looks good" I went back to reading.

The green fabric hit my face and I groaned.  "Neilla! ugh"

"Sorry but you weren't listening" She shrugged and dug into my closet again "Not all of us get to dance with Gods!" 

What is she talking about

She looked back at me "stop looking so innocent over there! The guy? from the club? remember?"

"I don't know what he looked like" I looked away from her surprised face

"What?! How?" she rushed over and sat on my bed, demanding an answer

"I don't know, I was drunk" I shrugged

"Well, let me tell you, oh my bajeezus - he was the definition of perfection" she stared at me seriously "I can't believe Mia didn't tell you!" 

"I asked her but she ignored it and changed the subject" 

"What if she's hooking up with him?" Neilla wondered outloud

"Nah, she's with a guy named Josh" I dismissed

"Meh, so do you think I should wear the green one?"

I nodded "it looks perfect on you"

She changed and got ready while I sat on my bed looking at my phone, not reading, but thinking about my mystery man until it was time to head out for dinner with Neilla and Mia.

-

A few weeks passed by, it was March.

I never questioned my parents about their whereabouts the night I was attacked by the cloaked figure in my own home. I wasn't sure if that night had been real or not - if it hadn't been real then I didn't want to worry my parents.

Mia has since gone on several dates with her new boyfriend but she was absolutely sure he was not her soulmate.

I was still feeling the tingles on my face every night, I had become accustom to the feeling - it felt soothing.

I had found a few books at the library regarding wizards, curses and demons. I felt like there was too much information and nothing I could particularly relate to. The crow apparently represented the Goddess of War & Death. Other than that, nothing else stood out.

I don't come from a very religious family. I was never baptized. We're a modern family living in a small town. We believe in God. We believe in Right and Wrong. We believe in being good to others. Karma is definitely somewhere in there too.

I don't know much about magic, wizards and stuff, besides whatever I had learned from Supernatural [A/N love this show but it gave me terrible nightmares - I never got through the first season!]. 

I try not to think about anything - about the accident, the cloaked man - or any of it. 

What I couldn't stop thinking about was the creepy guy from the club and the guy Neilla spoke of.

As much as I try not to think about. I somehow always do. The shop Manager at work has caught me daydreaming a few times but hasn't said anything. She always just gave me a quizzical look as if she can't comprehend what I'm doing and then went on with her own business.