WHEN I ATTENDED THE SPRING PARTY

My exam was fairly easy, I was surprised I was able to complete it in confidence despite everything happening in my life.

My room was chaotic.

Mia had invited other female pack members to get dressed with us for the Spring party. It was roughly 5 in the afternoon. 

Women were gushing over makeup, shoes, hair-dos. Others were complaining about their looks. 

I sat on my bed as Mia used assorted brushed around my face. She would step back every now and then to inspect her masterpiece, then utter sounds like "Hmmm" "Mhm" "Errr" "aha"

 It was quite hilarious and I couldn't help but laugh even though she kept scolding me to stay still.

"Can I borrow a bobby pin?" one of the women from downstairs came upstairs.

"Hmm" was Mia's response as she applied mascara to my lashes. I heard the woman shuffling around looking for the pins.

"I'm done but don't open your eyes too wide or the mascara's going to get onto your lid!" Mia ordered.

She pulled away the towel she had placed over my dress "Come look" she pulled me towards a long mirror-stand that was brought in earlier, it was placed by the banister.

I looked into the mirror, admiring my hair that was lightly curled and pinned on the right side. Hair to the left fell forward onto my face. 

A floor length cream dress hugged my body, outlining the curves I was too shy to otherwise reveal. 

My green-brown eyes had lightly winged eyeliner and a mixture of brown eye shadows, in both light and dark shades. The darker tones more prominent towards the outer part of my eyes. 

A light coat of mascara, enhancing my natural thick lashes. Light pink blush on my naturally pale cheeks.

Lastly, my lips were a mauve shade.

Well put together, beautiful, charming, just like my mother. In my eyes, she was the most beautiful woman in the world. I ran my hand over mom's pendant, remembering her face.

I looked over the banister to see the few women Mia had invited, had stopped to look at me. No one was talking anymore, everyone was looking at me.

As I looked at them, they averted their eyes and got back to what they were doing. 

I don't look that different.. do I?

I turned back to Mia, she was looking at me proudly, she was happy with the work she had done.

"Thank you" I hugged her lightly, trying not to ruin the makeup she spent so long perfecting.

"Always" she said, rubbing my back "But now you really have to help me get into my dress! C'mon!"

I giggled as she dragged me into the room.

-

I was nervous while Mia walked next to me, towards the banquet room at the back of the pack house. Debra followed close behind.

Mia chatted her head off on our way there and I nervously laughed at everything she said. 

When I looked back at Debra, she had rolled her eyes at Mia's non-stop chatter but then smiled at me reassuringly.

I could hear the music when we neared the banquet. 

My eyes were eager to see what it all looked like, what he looked like.

Debra came to stand at the other side of me. She gave me a side glance as she spoke "You will be announced, and the King will meet you on the dance floor once you have been announced. After that, you are free to do as you please" She nodded to the two doormen, mentally telling them to be prepared.