8: Ex's and Oh's

I get high, and I love to get low

So the hearts keep breaking, and the heads just roll

You know that's how the story goes  

Nissen, Mandag 8:24

Being at school was the last thing she wanted to do, but unfortunately, her grades wouldn't grew by themselves. So, there she was, standing in front of her locker, trying to think of an excuse to not have to look at anybody at the hallway. 

Eva couldn't use her phone for that as she lost it, and hadn't retrieved it yet. Usually, if she wanted to avoid somebody, she would pretend to text or do something on the internet, but now, her hands were empty, and so were the pockets of her maroon hoodie. 

Well, at least she had the opportunity to half-hide her face. 

It was true that she didn't really care what those people would say about her. Mohn knew she was not the one in the wrong, and she had nothing to be ashamed of. 

What she hated was the fact, that now she was in the center of attention, and not the good kind. 

She was really hoping that Chris wouldn't spill about her spending the night as his house. It would only add fuel to already huge fire. 

Obviously, he wouldn't have much to babble about. She got up way before him and left, trying not to wake him. 

And she wasn't in contact with any of her friends throughout the weekend, even though they were blowing up her facebook. Instead, she just threw her laptop at the very end of her room, underneath a pile of clothes that she forgot to fold cleanly, and decided to face her problems on Monday. 

That day came, and she regretted it as she was standing right there, not really knowing what to do. 

As soon as she stepped into the school yard, she saw that Vilde was waiting there for her, so she just quickly turned on her heel and decided to get into the building with different entrance than the main. 

Avoiding almost everybody who would ask direct questions seemed to be the best strategy. 

Well, almost

Somebody's hand appeared then right in front of her face. 

The first thing she noticed was a dark red nail polish, immediately she knew who it was. But it wasn't what caught her attention. 

Sana was holding her phone, waiting for the owner to retrieve it. Eva turned her head in the direction of her friend, mouth opened in awe. 

Without saying anything, Eva took a hold of the device, shoving it into her pockets, without even checking the messages. She knew there would be plenty. 

Bakkoush just stood there, as if she was waiting for Eva to start explaining herself. But she knew that it wasn't the case, her friend was most likely giving her a little time to gather her courage. 

"How did yo-?" It was all she was able to say then. 

Sana smiled lightly, her dimples showing up. "Chris gave it to me." 

If Mohn would be drinking anything, she'd probably choke on it and die. But she wasn't, so she kept waiting for the rest of the story. Muslim girl saw the anticipation growing on her face. "I mean, I took it from him. I guess hewanted to give it back himself but I thought it wouldn't be a goodidea. And that you wouldn't want more drama."