22: Over

Talkin' to the voices in my head, they make me think twice

Tellin' me it doesn't mean it's wrong because it feels right  

❖     ❖     ❖

CHRIS' PLACE, TORSDAG, 18:15

CHRIS

"What I can do, to show you that you are nothing like those girls. It was before you, Eva. I really, really like you."

Those words come out of my mouth before I can even register what I'm saying. And the minute they do, a big wave of regret hits me.

Especially when I see her face twist in a fit of laughter, and a pleasing sound of her laugh fills the whole room.

Eva jerks her head back, hitting me playfully on my arm.

"You're good. I can see why so many girls fall under your charm." She says while she tightens her ponytail, which got a little bit messy during our make out session.

I run my tongue over my teeth, not even sure what to say.

A part of me is glad that she took it as a joke, but then, the other wonders what would happen if it was the other way.

I rarely wonder why I keep coming back to her, but when I do, it takes up my whole brain, because I just can't figure it out.

At first, Eva was just another girl I wanted to put on my done list, and when it turned out to be a little bit harder than I thought, and I considered my chances to be very low, I got an opportunity.

I took it. Yeah, it ruined my relationship, but other than that, I gained nothing. Soon, I graduated and moved on with my life.

And then after months, I saw her that night in the club, and I couldn't help myself. Something just pulled me towards her, and it's been this way since.

I tried distancing myself, disappearing, and well, nothing worked. All the time I thought about her, if she was okay, and every time I encountered her, she wasn't.

Maybe it was fate, maybe a coincidence.

But it only made me want to protect her more.

I have no idea at what point I felt the urge to see her for the first time.

I'm not a relationship material, I don't do feelings.

And the fact that with her, I have no other choice, makes me highly uncomfortable.

I was about to end it once and for all, so that I could finally be myself again, but she kissed me.

With that, every plan I had went straight to hell. At least for now. And I don't know why I made that decision.

But now, looking at her focused on fixing her hair, making sure that every strand is tucked into the ponytail, and seeing her nose crunch in focus, I feel an answer brewing at the very back of my head.

She finishes tidying herself up, and she glances back at me, catching me staring at her.

"What?"

A small smile appears on my face, ready for an upcoming banter, "I was just wondering, if I'm so good, why my charms don't work on you."

Eva scoffs, taking a small sip of water, before putting the cup back down and looking me straight in the eyes.

"Because I'm a smart girl, I can smell a fuckboy from a mile, especially the one that already ruined my relationship once." She answers without hesitation.