23: Avgjørelse Pt. I

"   Don't you think this is sun to where?

On me,

You're been raining down I care

all week,

I have tried it give you my soul

But you can love something you raw

It's too late   "

❖     ❖     ❖

EVA, 15:22

There is one thing I really don't need right now, and that's company.

Apparently avoiding everybody at school wasn't clear enough, because Jonas wouldn't be standing in my doorway, waiting for me to let him in.

But I don't budge, I need him to state his case, before I give him the opportunity to piss me off again. I mean, he doesn't even have to say anything, I know exactly what he's here for.

A lecture.

Probably how much of a bad influence he is, and that I'm making a mistake.

We are both quiet, so I just roll my eyes, taking one step to the left as it makes a small opening for him to squeeze through. I'm that dramatic, I want him to know I'd really rather be alone.

Jonas doesn't say anything until he reaches my room, and plops down on my bed, like he always used to. But even though we are still friends, now it just feels weird to see him act the same like back when we were together.

I think he notices it, as he immediately sits up and straightens his position.

He motions for me to sit, as if we were in his apartment, but I don't comment on it, and just sit on a chair beside my desk.

"What are you doing?" He asks, trying to break the awkwardness.

I pick up the math book, "Having a rendez-vous."

Jonas snorts, "You finally started doing your own homework?"

A small smile appears on my face. I used to always copy it from him, and I usually would get caught doing that, but it still didn't stop me. He was always better at mathematics than me, and considering that he was my boyfriend, I just used that to my own advantage.

Since we broke up, my grades slipped a little bit, but I managed to get back on track, and even though it's still hard to understand some problems and equations, yes, I could proudly say that I did the work myself. Well, most of it.

"We both know, you're not here to ask about my grades, so why are you here?"

Jonas exhales loudly, probably being surprised at my bluntness, "I wanted to see how you were feeling?"

I see a hint of worry on his face, but I'm even more confused than ever, "I'm- normal?" I answer carefully, as I still have no idea what this is about.

The boy in front of me starts to look as confused as I am. He is acting like something happened, something that made him see how I was doing, but I can't think of anything.

"I thought you heard." He states, his voice slurring the words as if he is trying to slow down the process of saying it. But I already do, and my eyes widen.