FIGHT

I woke up to not only a pounding headache, but a sight I hadn't seen in a while, Sodapop's bedroom. I looked to my side and saw Sodapop fast asleep, his arms wrapped protectively around my waist. Everything that happened last night came flooding back I smiled, things were finally back to semi-normal. I shifted in bed and caused Sodapop to wake up.

"Morning," I whispered.

"Morning," he yawned back. We sat in a silence for a while until he said, "listen Katy, I'm sorry for being such a dick to you. I should have believed you and I will never let you go again."

"I trust you Sodapop, don't make me regret it," I responded.

"I won't," he reassured me.

I headed towards the window to sneak out but Sodapop stopped me, "might as well tell the gang we're back together," he shrugged.

My eyes got wide, "you sure?"

"Of course," he said taking my hand and leading me out into the hallway.

Silence, not a single mouth closed, was how I was greeted by the gang. I stood uncomfortably alongside Sodapop. "What the hell are you doing here?" Darry muttered.

"Sodapop, do I need to take care of her for you?" Steve stood up and harshly grabbed my arm like a rag doll.

"Let her go, Steve, thanks to your girlfriend Katy was framed for something she didn't do," Sodapop growled.

"Oh so it's Evie's fault now?" Steve said sarcastically.

"Yea, yea it is, Katy never cheated," Sodapop said angrily.

"The proof? Do you have proof or a reason why she didn't?"

"As a matter of fact I do," Sodapop fought back.

"Well what is it?" Steve demanded.

My heart raced, Sodapop wouldn't tell my secret would he? Dally stood up and Sodapop looked at me nervously. I keeled my eyes trained to the ground. "I don't have to tell you."

"You don't have any evidence do you?" Steve said narrowing his eyes.

"Look he does, lay off Steve. It just isn't his story to tell," Dally cut in.

"I'm outta here," Steve said angrily slamming the doors.

"Well welcome back Katy," Ponyboy said sarcastically.
***
Sodapop and I sat on Sodapop's bed. Sodapop had his head in his hands.

"Pesi-cola, you gotta go talk to him," I said while tracing small circles on his back.

"No, he needs to talk to me. He almost made me loose you because of his stupid girlfriend!" Sodapop clenched his fists.

"Listen to yourself, this isn't Steve's fault Soda, it's Evie's if anything," I reasoned.

"He ain't gonna break up with her though and that makes me mad," he sighed.

"I know, baby, I know, but that's Steve's choice. You don't gotta fight with him because he won't break up with his girl," I explained.

We sat in silence while Sodapop thought. After a moment he said, "you're right. I'll go talk to him. Will you come with me?"

"Of course," I nodded my head.

We got up and walked hand-in-hand to Steve's house. When we got to his front door Sodapop hesitated to knock. I placed my hand on his arm and nodded at him. He slowly raised his hand and knocked on the door. We waited.

"Oh hi Sodapop, Katy!" Steve's mother answered.

"Hey Mrs. Randall," I greeted, "is Steve home?" I questioned.

"Oh yes, I will go get him!" She responded and disappeared into the house for a moment. Steve came to the door.

He narrowed his eyes at us and closed the door.

"Steve! Steve, wait," I quickly placed my hand and foot in between the gap that the door and the wall created.

Steve opened the door again, this time looking angrier than ever. "I don't want to talk to you guys, ever again. Sodapop you're stupid to think that she ain't lying to you, my girl Evie never would lie to me, but Kathryn she probably would. Hell for what we know she's not just a dirty cheater, she's a Soc!" He exclaimed. My face went red with a mixture of embarrassment and anger.

"Hey don't you talk to me girl that way! Katy ain't no Soc or a dirty cheater. How well do you even know Evie?" Sodapop yelled at Steve. This plan was defiantly backfiring.

"I hope I never see your faces again. Leave me the hell alone!" Steve slammed the door fully shit, ending the conversation once and for all. I pulled Sodapop into a tight hug as he stifled his tears.

"My best friend is so ignorant," he whispered.

"It's ok, you two will be back to normal in no time," I promised unsure if what I was saying was truthful. It seemed that the only way they'd become friends again was if Sodapop broke up with me and if Steve broke up with Evie. "Let's go to the park."
***
We sat on the monkey bars, holding hands and swinging our legs that dangled over the edge back and forth. I let my head rest on Sodapop's shoulder and closed my eyes, taking in the sunlight. It felt good now that things between me and Sodapop were back to normal but as good as it felt to be in the good with Sodapop it sucked to be in the bad with Steve. A comfortable silence fell between Sodapop and me. My life wasn't perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for another life.

"Katy," Sodapop hummed.

"Yea, Sodapop?" I answered.

"You know we haven't known each other for a long time but you make me feel special. You help me through so much and you are just an amazing person," he gushed.

"Gee thanks, Sodapop," I blushed.

"No, that's not all. Katy, I love you,"

Oh damn, the "L" word.
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading!
More drama next chapter!
I promise you Steve and Sodapop won't be fighting forever but their relationship may never be the same
Keep reading to find out what happened!
Have a stellar day loves