Fashion: Explained (question at the end)

Like any other teens, the party is going into a transitions period where from kids they become adults. I personally believe that the fashion path they take shapes their characters even more which is why I want to show what kind of changes in their style I imagine for Season 3.

As we all know, there will be a huge time jump and I'm guessing that the time jump will be to when they're freshman in high school, so it means that they will want to blend in with the crowd in their own unique way. They are not the weird group anymore and have a more "normal status" than middle school.

Again, disclaimer, this is how I IMAGINE they would look. The "universe" that I created is out of MY MIND, so this doesn't mean that you should agree with it. You can comment anything that you don't like and I would take it as a constructive criticism and try to improve it.

Without further ado, here are the "fashion choices" of the party and how I got my inspiration for them:

DUSTIN HENDERSON:

As previously mentioned, Dustin inherited Steve's reputation which means he has to dress for the part. I didn't want to show cast a copy of Steve because Dustin is a separate character with a lot of sweetness in him which makes him so much different than Steve!

Steve is known for his "rich person" outfits which is not the case for Dustin. His mom is the only one supporting him, so his outfits are on a budget, but he manages to look like a million bucks after all! When I did my research for 80's fashion, I stumbled across Jesse Katsopolis from "Full House" and decided to combine that tough guy style with a more boy-is fashion charm that Leonardo DiCaprio has in the 80's and 90's. 

JANE HOPPER/ELEVEN:

Since her "adaptation" to normal life, Jane loved music and all of pop culture, but she is a huge fan of "Blondie". We saw her in Season 2 in a more girlish Shirley Temple style and in a more, as in Hopper's words "an MTV punk". This inspired me to create a look that will have both of those worlds together.

I did some research on the lead singer from "Blondie" (which is in El's "top 10 favourite people" list) and her style, but I still wanted to add the lady-like twist. Considering that she was interested in pop culture, I added a DJ Tanner from "Full House" twist. If you ask me, I find DJ's style so 80's and I wanted to infuse that in the image of Jane in Season 3. After all, Hopper wouldn't let her get away with going out with a lot of makeup, bleached blond hair and outfits like Debbie Harry's. I imagined a lot of black and pink combined with a lot of mom jeans in El's closet.