Chapter 2: A Flash Of Remembrance (Part 4)

Lucas ran home as fast as he could. His muscles were burning from all the movement they were taking. This wasn't a drill for Lucas so he needed to get home as fast as possible and tell someone. Something bad was happening which concerned the party and the people around them. As much as Lucas hated when Mike was right, he had to take the L this time!

As a storm, Lucas opened the front door of his house ajar and bolted towards his room. Erica sat in the living room in the same position as when Lucas left. "Close the door, you idiot!" – Erica raised her voice as she stood up to close the door that her brother left open seconds ago. Meanwhile, Lucas threw himself across his room and reached for his walkie talkie. He tried a few frequencies, Max, Dustin, Mike and Will being the only one that picked up. "Code red Will, Mike was right! There's something going in that damn creepy house, over..." – Lucas exclaimed which left Will astonished and frozen in place. They didn't need this right now!

-

After the breakfast his mother prepared, Dustin went in his room to pick out an outfit for later tonight. He was only going over at Will's house, but before that he would meet up with Steve, considering he was the one that will give him a lift. Dustin had a reputation to maintain, whenever he went out with Steve he tried his best to shine just as much as Steve though these days Dustin outshined Steve.

Steve is miserable after the doomed night that sort of sealed their futures. That wasn't the only night for Steve that sealed the deal; prom was one of the doomed nights in Steve's collection. He went alone and stood in the corner all night long. The prom king was Tommy H which only boosted up his ego further up, but he didn't have a good ending. He was killed in a car crash after prom night. As for Carol, she went downhill and started drinking earning her a place in rehabilitation center nearby.

Steve wasn't a fan of his friends, but they were his friends at some point. He went to Tommy's funeral and was the one that tried to talk Carol out of drinking the damn poison. It killed him to watch his friends being lowered underground, literally and figuratively. On top of everything, he still struggled with the loss of Nancy to someone like Jonathan Byers. Every time he dragged Carol from a bar or a store and saw Nancy happy with him, his heart teared piece by piece.

The only person currently in Steve's life that is worth for him to fight for is Dustin, so Dustin taught that it would be a good idea to tell someone and by someone Steve about his experience these few months. Steve was familiar with Dustin's problems, but only with the ones that he told him about. He was never the one to push the curly headed boy to talk about something he wasn't comfortable with nor was he comfortable in trying to snoop around town to find out certain things.

As Dustin stood in front of the big mirror and contemplated with whether or not to consult with the person he trusted the most, he decided that he needed to man up and do the right thing. "The person that asks for help never gets lost!" – Dustin quietly repeated in front of the mirror. He made a small plan in his head. First, he will tell Steve. If Steve is no help, he will tell the party and his last option would be Hopper. There wasn't a fourth option for poor ol' Dusty considering he didn't trust many people in his specter. Yes, he is a popular kid that a lot of people want to hang out with, but not many of them actually want to hang out because of his personality. Everything for them is just about his image. If a person is hanging out with THE DUSTIN HENDERSON, they are cool!

His mother's voice interrupted his taught once again. "Dusty, your friend Steve's on the phone" "Coming!" – The curly headed boy shouted from behind closed door. He rushed out and answered the phone that was placed just before the hallway that lead towards the bathroom and three bedrooms, one belonging to Dustin, one to his mom and the third one reserved for overnight guests.

"The chick magnet is on the line!" – Dustin beamed over the line, making Steve scrunch up his face due to the sudden voice over the line. "Knock it off shitface!" – He scolded the "shitface" and continued "We're on for later, right?" "No, we're left!" – Dustin laughed at his own corny joke. He taught it was clever. "Should I pick you up at the same time, or?" "No, come earlier. I want to talk to you before you take me to Will's place!" – Dustin hurried to tell his friend before he changed his mind. "Gotcha kid!" – And with that the two guys closed the lines. Dustin turned towards his mother that was standing by the doorway and was smiling from ear to ear.

The sweet lady adored Steve and considered him as one of her own. Whenever Steve's dad went hard on him, Steve crashed in their guestroom for a few nights. Every morning, she would make him his favourite breakfast followed by his favourite dinner considering she worked from 9 till 5. She didn't' ask Steve for rent money whenever he stayed over because she knew that Steve does more than money can pay for her little Dusty and she couldn't be thankful enough. Dustin needed a male figure like Steve in his life and Steve was beyond happy to play the role of the sappy dad/older brother. What Dustin and his mother didn't know was that everything may end soon.

-

Karen left the building and walked down the familiar road. At the end of that road a familiar Camero was parked. Only one person owned a Camero like this one in Hawkins. She got in the ride and greeted the driver that was sat in the driver seat.

The greeting consisted of a sensual peck on the neck and a little caress on the back of his neck. The whole entire greeting, the driver sat with his cigarette hanging from his lips and his locks flawless as always. He smirked and turned towards the woman beside him and leaned in to kiss her lips. His cigarette in one hand out of the window and his other one resting on Karen's neck deepening the kiss, Billy Hargrove took in every second of the forbidden kiss.

Nobody knew about this affair, and if someone found out, all hell will break lose.

A/N 

Just a filler chapter and a BIG THANK YOU for currenlty 124 views/reads! I can't thank you (the ones who read this peace of crap) enough! I hope you're having as much fun reading it as i have while creating it (wtf did i just write?). Anyways, a storm is coming, so prepare yourself!

Oh, and credits to this Tumblr account for the picture on top. I found it in an article and i taught it would be perfect for this chapter's image!

http://hufflepuffandtea.tumblr.com/post/166922019753/season-2-in-a-nutshell