Chapter 1: White lie (Part 8)

Nancy was sitting in her room, going over what she learned today and making notes on the thing she missed when suddenly, a tapping noise was hear from her window. She glanced over the bed-side table where a pink clock was placed with a picture of Jonathan last Christmas in an ugly red sweater giving the camera a tight lip smile. It was around 11pm which meant that Jonathan was over to see her after his shift finished.

She hurried towards the window and pulled it up revealing Jonathan with pizza in his hand. "I know you get hungry around this time and I wanted to make sure you don't go hungry to bed!" "Aren't you a gem!" – Nancy took the pizza out of Jonathan's hands so he can climb in. Once he was in and she left the pizza on her bed. Jonathan pulled Nancy by her waist and gave her gentle, passionate kiss. Her hands travelled up to his face as she held it in her palms. Smiling in the kiss, Nancy pulled slightly to catch some air. "I missed you!" – She told him and he hummed. "I missed you, too!" – He said it back. They let go of each other and Nancy tidied up her bed a little bit because it was covered in paper. Once she made space for both of them, they sat on it and opened the pizza to eat it.

"How was work?" – The sweet girl asked her boyfriend as she bit into a slice of pizza. "It wasn't bad... Boring as usual. Is Will staying over tonight?" "Yeah, I think they came back an hour ago and are in the basement right now." – Jonathan nodded and took a bite from his slice of pizza. "So, I was thinking. Since Easter break is coming, maybe we can go somewhere for a day. Somewhere close..." – Jonathan suggested. "Maybe we can!" – Nancy told him in a flirty voice. The pair chatted for a while.

Around midnight, Jonathan was getting ready to leave. Even though it was the weekend, he had to go to work first thing in the morning, while Nancy had to babysit Holly. Her mother was going somewhere unknown to Nancy in the morning and she needed to be up early. Jonathan opened the window and Nancy followed him. He climbed over and leaned slightly in so he can give Nancy a goodbye kiss.

Midway through the kiss, Nancy glanced over at the neighbours' house and saw a black silhouette that was looking towards their house. She nudged Jonathan to sneak a peak towards the house and as soon as he looked over, the silhouette disappeared. "What was that?" – Jonathan asked. "New neighbours... Which are creepy as hell!" – She informed her boyfriend. As she said that, a light went on in the room and Nancy could clearly see Al in there looking around. Jonathan glanced over and said a quick goodbye to Nancy and smiled. She did the same and closed the window, watching him carefully climb down the house and go in his car. Once he drove off, she threw a glance towards the house opposite of them and saw that the lights were off and Al was gone, but a silhouette peaked slightly, again. Nancy drew her curtains close, freaked out because of the person staring right at their house.

-

A girl with French braided hair sat in complete darkness and observed the house opposite of theirs. She was more than curious if someone she knew a long time ago will pop up to their doorstep. She almost got caught a couple of times today while spying on the people in the house.

The lights in the room where she was sitting went on and when she turned in the light switch's direction she spotted an angry looking Al. "Look kid. I told you a couple of times today. I don't care how you found them and why you made us move where "they" are and I certainly don't want to find out. The thing that I'm interested in is you ticking to our agreement." – She gulped as she was hearing the man ranting.

"I took you in; I gave you a roof over your head and provided you with everything that you needed to survive. All I ask from you is to not draw attention to yourself. And here you are... Spying on the neighbours like some weirdo." – Al threw his hands in the air. "I need to see." "What? What do you need to see?" "I need to see him!" – The girl said with a shaky voice. Al huffed and muttered a few curse words under his breath.

"I don't care Julia! The rules are the rules! You don't draw attention to yourself if you don't want to go back to that place." "They closed it down..." "Even worst for you, you'll end up on the streets and then pray to God for help!" "Unfortunately, I don't believe in God..." "You'll start to believe in him from Sunday at church!" – Al smiled at the atheist that had her back towards him and turned off the light, leaving Julia in the dark.

She closely continued to watch the house with her smoky eyes, wondering what will happen if she actually told the boy she was looking for the truth. She knew some dark secrets that nobody was ready and strong enough for... But, until the time is right, Julia will tell them a white lie to cover the dark truth!

End of "Chapter 1: White lie"