Revenge

The doors opened for us as we gently carried him to the infirmary. Simon helped me lift Negan onto a small hospital bed in the corner. I wiped some sweat from my forehead while letting out a loud sigh.

" Carson, get your ass up and help him !" Simon yelled causing a scared Carson to rush into the room.

"What happened?"

" He got shot you, idiot!"

Carson hurried over to the cabinet grabbing things to remove the bullet. His small frame moved quickly causing his white coat to swish back an forth.

Carson hands trembled as he cut the fabric of Negans shirt revealing a small wound on his chest ." I need you to move aside Simon. I can't do my job with you hovering  like this ." Simons face relaxed as he moved out of the way. He scratched his chin as he shuffled his feet.

" I am going to take care of things while he is hurt. " He glanced over at me pointing his finger ." Let me know when he wakes up ." I gently nod ." I will. I promise ." With that, he twists the knob and leaves slamming the door behind him. Carson worked quickly to remove the bullet then clean the wound. " Can you grab me some thread out of that drawer in the corner please ?" I hurried over jerking the draw open and found the thread and a needle ." Here, do you think he will make it ?" I handed the items to him allowing him to do his job.

He scrunched up his face focusing on every stitch ." I think he will be fine, as long as he doesn't get infected. That's the tricky thing. We don't have a lot of antibiotics so,  our supply is limited. We need more of those things. Negan had a team ready to head to a hospital not far from here, for that very reason.

I hope his men still go, otherwise, we could be in trouble ." I sat down on the small chair in the room rubbing my palms on my thighs ." Maybe, Simon will still go. I know if Negan wanted this supply run to happen then it should, regardless  if he actually goes or not ." I agree, but I don't know if Simon wants to risk our men right now.

The men who did this might be waiting for us to leave the safety of this place ." He finished  his last stitch then  placed his used items in the trash ." You need to watch him all day. If he has a fever or starts sweating, please get me immediately.

" We need to move him to his room. He won't like being in here when he wakes up ." Carson picked up a radio bringing it to his lips ." Simon, please send me to men to take Negan to his room ." I will do that right now ." A few minutes later two men walk in ."Jason,  Mark, take him to his room." They both nod and lift him with ease.

We walk down the hallway and up a flight of stairs to his room. I gently opened the door allowing them to place him on the bed ." Thank you. I can handle it from here ." They both nod and leave me alone.

My mind is racing with worried thoughts about how this could end. I know Negan will want revenge for this, and that will cause a bloodbath. A chill runs down my spine at the thought of people dying because of egos. I wonder if I talked with Zane if it would help end this war before it begins.

I don't know if I would make it worse or not, but I have to try something. I leaned back on the small couch deciding to take a nap. I know my daughter will be done with daycare soon, so I need a small nap. I lay my head down on a small pillow then quickly fall asleep. I jolted awake by a loud ."Mommy!" My eyes jolt open seeing my daughter sitting on my legs ." Mommy, uncle Simon said Negan got hurt. Is that true ?"

I brought my finger to my lips gesturing for her to be quiet ." Yes, he did get hurt, but he will be okay. She squints her eyes slightly thinking for a moment.

" So, is he going to get the assholes that did it ?"

"Chelsea, you can't say those words ."

I said sternly narrowing my eyes at her.

" I am a sorry mommy. "

She puckers her lip out pouting slightly ." It's okay baby. You go get your clothes for your bath ."

Her face lights up as she smiles big.

" Can I play with my toys ?"

" Of course baby, now go get your stuff ."

She jumps off the couch and heads for her room. I go to the bathroom to run her water but I am stopped by groaning.

" Man, this hurts ." I walk over sitting on the bed careful to not make it move ." How, are you?" He moved his head then ones his sleepy eyes ." I need some pain medicine. Tell that good for nothing doctor to give me the good stuff ." I furrowed my eyebrows at his words.

"That man saved your life. " I countered causing him to chuckle ." This is nothing. A simple bullet won't kill me. It would take a shit ton of those things to take me out."

I shook my head smirking slightly at his words ." I will go get the dr. He said for me to tell him when you woke up." Fine, but I want you back here with him." Okay, I will be right back ."

I opened the door and made my way to get Carson. I opened the door to his office seeing him eating some dinner. He looks up at me wiping his mouth with his napkin. " Can I help you ?" Yes, he woke up ." He bolts up grabbing a bottle of medicine then follows back to our room. Carson checked him out and gave him some medicine.

He told me to keep an eye on him, but that he should recover fine.  "Thanks for coming and taking care of him ." He nods then leave us alone.  Negans face turns dark as he glances over at me ." I am going to make him pay for this ." 

I was about to open my mouth but Chelsea walked in." Hey mommy, I got my clothes ." She looks over at Negan smiling ." Daddy! I am so glad you're okay ." Negan smiles as he looks at her ." I am a fine princess ." Cheese cocks her head to the side curiosity looking at him.

"Are you going to get the bad guys for hurting you ?" His face turns to a wicked smile ." I am princess don't worry. "