Last Chapter.

4 Years Later.

Everly's P.O.V.

The moonlight casts dark shadows upon the forest floor. Animals rush past me, eager to escape the dead that desires to eat them. I can see the same meadows and stables that I have been able to enjoy over the years. Negan requested I meet him here for some surprise he has.

We made this place our little vacation home  after our son Derek was born.  Yes, Negan was right, it was a boy. He has never let me live it down either.  It's a small waterfall with a cabin beside it. We have been coming here for a little time away when the kids drive us crazy. We have three kids now. Chelsea, Derek, and Trip. Chelsea has recently turned eight and she is a handful already.  Our second child is Derek, he is three, and Trip is two weeks old. I love our children, but man they are exhausting.

Negan is standing beside the door with a huge smile on his face. In his hands, he holding a large bouquet of wildflowers and a bottle of wine. He knows I can't drink that, but I guess he is going too.  I finally reach the door then lean in to kiss him.

" So what was so important that I had to come all the way out here for?" I question playfully.

Negan's tongue laps over his bottom lip, while his face contorts into a devious smirk.

" I know how much you have needed a break since Trip was born. So, I decided to give you just that. We are staying here for a couple of days. "

" Oh, Negan, I would love that. But Trip needs to be fed, " I state worried about my little boy.

"You have pumped a few days worth of milk. So he can use that while we stay here. You are so tired these days and need a little time for yourself, " he adds thoughtfully.

" I guess your right, but who is watching them?"

" Simon and Jade. They both need the practice anyways. Since they will both will  be new parents in any day now."

" Are you sure Jade is okay with this? Three kids is a lot to handle."

" She said she would love too, besides she handles more than that as the teacher. I think she can handle our three monsters, I mean children for a couple of days."

I jab his shoulder, knowing full well how difficult our kids are. Chelsea is good, but she thinks she is an adult. Derek tries to do what she does but winds up getting mad that he can't. And Trip that child doesn't like to sleep. It's like he thinks sleeping is a curse.

" Well, what do you plan on us doing while we are here?" 

" I have a few ideas, " he adds seductively.

I walk past him, entering our tiny heaven. The wooden cabin is small, but it has enough space for us. It has three bedrooms, a kitchen, and a small living room. Small paintings of our children hang on the walls, as well as various drawings they have done.

The log walls are accentuated by soft yellow curtains on the windows. A large brown sofa sits by the fireplace with a huge,  circular rug under it. The orange flames dance around the room creating a cozy atmosphere.

" I am so glad to be back here. We haven't been here since Christmas. Did you bring any food for us?"

Negan gestures to the small freezer by the kitchen table relieving my concern. I slowly take my boots off then head over to the freezer.  I lift the lid and see multiple frozen items for us to enjoy.

" So what do you want for dinner? I see some frozen soup, frozen pizza dough, chicken pot pie. What are you in the mood for?"

Negan snakes his arms around my waist while resting his chin on my shoulder.