4 : TO NORWAY!

Hiccup's eyes trailed through the lists of names imprinted in a long bond paper, displayed openly for the public to see. His finger moving upwards, numbers decreasing in rate. His eyes focused. Heart beats fast as time passes. His patience keeping him still, tickling him inside.

This is his one-way ticket, to be able to pass the examination for a scholarship is a big and moving experience of his. It's one way or another. He needed this. He needed to. He's a smart ass and he knows that.

He gritted his teeth, too impatient for the result or too pressured of what he'll be able to garner or to see. Hiccup's not used to this kind of things. The suspense in each tick of the clock. His conscience eating him alive. He breathed deeply and out to his mouth, shaking off his thoughts.

His eyes moved.

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

Hiccup halted. Eyes trembling. Eye flashes quivering. He went down a number.

3. Hiccup Horrendous III

His mouth in a gape. His thin pursed lip began to curve at both ends, until an obvious and cheery smile showed. Hiccup placed his hands in the air, jumped and giggled like a child.

"Oh God!" He squealed. "I can't believe this."

He rapidly fished his phone out and took a vast small shot. He's been in a knot lately, either to call his parents personally or just to send this picture to them as a sign of his victory and success, providing specific evidence. He smirked and shrugged his shoulders. Hiccup made a decision to push himself out of the crowd to a fine and peaceful spot.

He smiled at his contentment and satisfaction. God. He had been pouring his time and effort for this scholarship, studying day to night with piles and piles of books around him. A mug of coffee on his night table and reading glasses on. All was paid off.

Hiccup smiled, with the feeling of happiness he can't fully confine within him.

"Finally." He whispered.

Gazing through the window, Hiccup intensely peered through everything his eyes can witness. The memory still plays actively and clearly in his mind. Seeing his name in the list. The inevitable glorious victory. The mixed emotions he felt during the rest of the day.

Norway and Netherlands have similarities when it comes to its weather, both has a cold and drop down temperature; giving off the cold vibe during winter season. But what Hiccup misses in Netherlands is the Canalside mansions and trove of works remains from the 17th century- the 'Golden age'. He missed seeing golden buildings with its finest architecture and breathtaking designs.

The cab halted, tires screeching, until the machine growled to death.

"We're here already?" Hiccup peered through the window, staring at a three-story apartment in his very eyes.

The driver leaned his head at the back.

"Yes." He nodded. "This is the place."