13 : THE GIFT

Hours... days, weeks had passed and everything went as smooth as it should be. The group started to enjoy the company of each other—they began to spend time chatting together; indeed, they had established a bond of friendship. Not too quite. There is still an unexplained and invisible gap between them but that certain line started to vanish away... as time passes.

They had been through the same old cycle and process the time they accepted new groups of friends in their circle. It was almost fine but too bland and quite enough to their extent.

But there had been an improvement, ever since.

The room had gone rowdy and riotous despite of waiting for the last subject in nearly 6:00 P.M in the afternoon—students waiting for the instructor to come and dismiss them all when the time comes.

Hiccup, Jack and Kristoff are seated together, with their thighs folded on top of the other. Jack had been scribbling doodles in a piece of paper to fight off boredom. Hiccup, was staring all over the classroom to see anything that interests him happens and Kristoff, with his phone, looking through lists of pictures of him and Anna. They had been exchanging set of stories for quite a time and silence had knocked over them.

At the other side, the ladies are grouped together—telling stories and such.

Jack, seated upright, can almost hear the tiny whispers at his back. Groups of students piled together and sharing mixed rumors all over and over again. It had been an issue lately—not a gruesome one but rather, a more delicate and famous spread of report.

Not that he opposes the idea of it, he is just irritated sometimes. Like the original plot had been changed throughout the way. Like someone had change the colors and strokes in a painting for the people to see, not for the people to expect.

Jack momentarily stared at Kristoff and gazed back down at the paper.

"So, I've heard," Jack started.

"Nowe all heard," He corrected. "Anna's birthday will be two days from now. On Saturday, if I am correct."

Hiccup sharply joined him as he heard what Jack said.

"Oh, yes." Hiccup snapped. "That's the thing I also wanted to say."

Kristoff locked his phone and turned it aside.

"She's turning 19." Hiccup added—and smiled back, not to himself but at Kristoff.

Jack suddenly let out a quick stifled chuckle that made Kristoff cast him a look of curiosity. Hiccup also turned his head.

"And that also interests me." Jack smirked. "I meancome on! it's her special day." He whispered shouted and ducked his head lower.

Hiccup payed a look at Elsa's side but neither of them threw a glance at their location. Jack's voice is empowered by the overall noise of the classroom.

"Because of this-you know, girlfriend-and-boyfriend thingy" Jack was cut-off.

"What is your plan for her?" Hiccup asked diligently.

A sneaky grin escaped Kristoff's lips once he had heard Hiccup's final statement. He actually knew they would ask a question- that kind of question, but he just wanted to wait for them to finish. Like a suspense-thrill genre of a movie he desired to watch from start to the end.

"Oh," Kristoff moaned under his low voice, covered his mouth with his hand and neared the gap between them.

"I prepared well enough."