Chapter 4 ✔️

(1,587 words)

Chapter 4

"Sydney!" I yelled rushing to give my Alchemist friend a hug. "Man it's great to see you. What did you end up doing after Russia?" Excited now to have someone I semi knew close by, don't get me wrong my father and the Guardian where great company  but Sydney was my age. We click, considering where two completely different people. Unquestionably I was the reckless outspoken, whiles Sydney was more reserved and wise. Sydney has many traits from what I picked up Russia, but from what I've gathered she is wise beyond her years.

"Well I'm glad to see your still alive." She chuckled pulling away from me, setting her suitcase on the floor "I assumed you completed your goal, I haven't seen any recent reports about any of your kills?"

"Well about that.." Chuckled nervously, running my fingers through my hair. "Failed miserably, so I'm kinda laying low until I can deal with my issue."

"You know I swear since I've met you, you're like a bad omen when it's Strigoi related." She teased, reminding me of the few incidents in Russia.

"Yeah, yeah laugh it up." I pouted. "When things get settled, I'll fill you in on the details lat ..."

"As much as I like watching you ladies catch ups  we've got a tight dead line, as well as a cockroach to squash," Abe interrupted, speaking in his business like tone,  Sydney and I turned to face his bored figure lounging on the chair, in a casual Abe way.

"Oh right, sorry.." I rambled, before shutting up.

Shooting me a pointed look, Abe emerged from his head as Sydney held a folder out to him.

Taking the folder, Abe smiled pleased who's his results. "So what did you find on dear Marcus Oliver, Miss Sage?'' He asked, not bothering to read the filed he passed to Guardian Pavel.

"According to the Alchemists records, Marcus broke into warehouses six and stole highs classified documents. We believe the documents stolen may have to do with the slight increase of strigoi in the Washington area." She explained, efficiently.

What in Washington, that's to close to Lissa for comfort! Is it Dimitri? Did I make a hasty decision to leave Lissa and everyone that love, is it going to  put them in even more danger?

"Old man, if there is an increase already in Washington this is bad, this not a good thing, knowing Dimitri he is planning something bad and St Vladimir needs to be warned."I interrupted, panic started to creep in. " There is absolutely no way they can take another hit from strigoi after the attack a few months ago." I warned, now feeling  guilty more than ever knowing my friends are back there, while I ran away all the way here in Utah. Muttering a few curse words in Turkish, Abe instructed Pavel to warn the academy.

Finishing his call  with headmistress Kirova then whispering  a few words to Abe, nodding  not diverting his attention while Sydney was disgusting information on this Marcus Oliver. " Well according to these records they where highly classified document your Queen gave to the Alchemists to hide and archive. "So what where exactly in the documents?" Abe asked.

"What was so secret that Tatiana hid them with the Alchemists."

Shuffling through the documents, Sydney passes Abe a sheet of paper for him to read.  Watching Abe read, the whole room was quiet waiting for Abe's reaction. " So this is what they stole!" Abe laughed, causing everyone to gap as Abe acted out of his tough exterior. "Someone wanna fill us in on what's going on ?" I asked, clearly confused on what my half sane father is rambling on about.