Hawk's Past

2 days until full transformation...

****

Leonardo led his brothers and Hawk's animal family through the mucky trail. They were going back to the camp where dinner is supposed to be waiting. Rain made Maine's forestry turn into what looked like a dead world but it was healing slowly. When the smoke cleared, pine trees had nothing left on their branches, just naked plants standing everywhere. And there still was no wildlife except for the four animals here.

"So, what's your story? Why did you end up here? I never asked." Leo asked with his hand holding the wolf's fur like how a kid held his mom's hand in the store.

"You really want to know?" Hawk looks at him, wishing she could smirk. 

Leo smiled. "I uh, I'm kind of curious. Hope you don't mind telling me a story."

Hawk sighed, thinking of the past, trying to dig deep into her memories. Until one finally went on her personal projector.

****

Hawk's Flashback

I was obviously a girl. Trying to look good for the hottest guy in school by wearing the dumbest clothing. A lot of girls were jealous of me when he was buying my looks.

Before my troubled behavior, in school, I was known as a great wise advice giver, fun, and loving. Everyone wondered how I became so good looking and knew the answers to everything. Honestly, I don't know how people liked me or were brave enough to ask me so many questions. 

Well... I uh... had dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, light skin, and an average height for a young girl. I lived in Denver, Colorado with my parents, brother, and sister. My mother loved animals, so she named me after a bird of prey.

Biology was one of my favorites in school, never failed it or had a percentage go down...

One night I decided to change my good ways and transition to bad. I chose to talk back rudely to my mother because she needed advice on how to talk to talk to my brother about focusing on school.

During the time I threw rocks at cars, nearly got arrested, had a smart mouth to other people...

I wasn't really in a good mood that night because I failed an exam, had a fight with a friend... Since my mom asked for advice, I gave it to her. Told my mom to let my brother find his own way. If he fails, it's his own fault. It's mom's fault for letting him bring down his grades. It's her fault because she isn't helping him. And I went off on her when she asked why I had a foul mouth.

"What is the matter with you? Why can't you just leave me alone?! Let Jay find his own way! He's gonna fail in life anyway, he's a screw-up!!"

I ranted and ranted in the living room so the world can hear. It was a rollercoaster that will never stop going up and down and talking sharp spins. Never in my life have I made a scene like that.

When I got a glimpse of my mom's eyes, you can see that I scared her because of-of--  She's never seen me act that way before. I'm usually chill, calm, and mellowed out. The nice and sweet girl was in someplace else while the bad side took over me.

And...

Mom grounded me from my cell phone, going out, even my hobby of playing the guitar. I basically tore up my whole room because she took away my privileges of social media and fun. Afterward, it looked like a herd of elephant and hurricane came through.

That night I went to bed and bawled my eyes out because I felt so, so guilty for my words of choice. In the morning, I was going to apologize for everything I said, but it was too late when I opened my eyes one hour.

...I remember flying into orange curtains of light, voices singing one song I can't remember. It was a different language.

For a second, I thought it was too cold in my room, a window was open, no heater, or there were no blankets on me. Wind. It was the real wind from outside hitting my body in many combinations. My eyes open up, seeing clearly in this dark area made me think I was dreaming. There's no bed, carpet, windows, heat, nothing. Four walls are missing from my house.

I found myself here in the forest biome where the owls hooted, mice cried out, deer grunted and foxes howled. Cold ground caused me to shiver against a hard and rough surface.

Something gave birth to me in this forest and I had no clue what it was.

When I stood up on my two legs, it was uncomfortable because my body isn't made that way. I couldn't stand like a regular human anymore.

Whimpering and whining in my new form, four legs, hair all over, running into anything hard to wake myself up.

Nothing worked to escape this prison that's called a do-over.

A voice told me a lot of things. It told me everything will go back to normal when I correct what I did. But I ignored them until Griz, Shado, and Kri met me.

I learned that I have been a wolf for over a year and still haven't figured out why I was here. Running River tried telling me in my head but I just acted like he wasn't there.

****

"I'm really sorry, Hawk," Leo said. "It must have been hard for you."

Hawk shook her head. "No. I made it hard because I had a guide to help and never listened. Both human and in this body."

Leonardo nodded, still holding on to his wolf friend. He thought about her past and wishes he could be there to help. To be a friend and get her back on the right track. He would love to take a position of being her best friend, even if it means being a mutant turtle. "I'm here for you. When you turn human, let me follow you."

The wolf can't smile, but she sure can give a few good kisses on the face.

Wolf style.