BC 2.2 - The Girl I Slapped

"Alina?" Covering my mouth with the hand, I strived to control the laughter erupting in me because of her facial expression. The wildcat glared at me, crossing her arms over her chest, but in the next minute, she started moaning again.

"Let me move please," She begged me. "I'm on the bed for nearly two weeks. It's wrong. Moving is also essential."

"I'm not denying that." I passed the orange juice to her and she wrinkled her nose and made gagging noises. "Drink."

"No!" She whined like a child. Pregnancy was supposed to make her act like a mother, not a child. "I hate you all."

"Even Kabir?" I placed the glass on the side table.

"Even him." She switched off the TV. "Who said him I needed a TV in our room?"

"So that you won't get bored."

"Me?" She glared at the TV. "He keeps on watching till late night. It's disturbing me and reading. He doesn't even let me read novels."

"Because most of your novels have violence and tears. Stress is not good for you." I pointed out. "Now drink this." I wrapped her hand around the glass. "Kabir will kill me if he finds out you're not drinking juice."

"Hell with him," She snarled. "Hell with you." Turning, she placed the glass at the bedside, stood up from the bed and left the room. I huffed through my nose. Controlling this girl was becoming tougher than I had imagined. After work, I prefer silence, not handling an annoyed pregnant lady who couldn't go through her mood swings.

She wasn't eating much because everything felt too gross to her now. It could be her morning sickness.

Getting up from the bed, I followed her out to find her with her laptop, hands moving across the keypad.

"I thought you ended your book and it has gone for editing."

"Pre-order." She narrowed her eyes at me. "It starts tomorrow and my marketing agent needs me to write an article."

"Hell with him." I used her line. "I told him clearly you won't work for some days until you pass your weakness."

"I'm fine, Nisha!" She exclaimed but nevertheless shut her laptop. "And writing is not working for me. It's a stress reliever."

"I don't care." I snatched the MacBook from her lap and placed it on the table. "You were going to have a miscarriage. You need to take care."

"I am taking care." This time she caught the glass from my hands, taking sip with the white foam layer appearing on her upper lip. "Kabir comes home early now, you don't let me do work by instructing every maid in the house to send everything I need in my room. I read happy books to keep myself happy."

"But you don't eat." I leaned my head on the back, smiled as Rahul entered the house and settled opposite to me.

"I hate sambhar."

I rolled my eyes. "You love it."

"What is my mistake if I don't like the taste of anything now?" Finishing her juice, she placed the empty glass on the table while Rahul was busy on his phone. "Where is Kabir?"

Rahul looked up from his phone, shrugging his shoulders. "Get made what you want."

She bit her lower lip. "That's the problem. Last night, Kabir bought pizza and I vomited. If I want something, I vomited by smelling it."

"Close your nose," Rahul smirked. "I can help you."

"Stay where you are," Alina warned him. "Or else I will cut you down."