22. The Love I Deserve

(LONGEST CHAPTER IN THE WHOLE NOVEL! Why? Because I just wrote the epilogue last night!)

[   N I S H A ' S      P O V   ]

Exerting a deep breath, I preached my nerves to calm down and quit striking my feet against the floor. My dress was getting stuck in between my heels, and the time wasn't away when it would be tore, causing me annoyed and bitter at the same time.

I stroked my hand against the dark green cloth, discerning the side slit stopping at the top of my upper thigh. It was an off shoulder dark green gown with flares at the end. I smiled after seeing my reflection through the ornament placed across the hall. No doubt Sanchi was a talented designer, and when I had gone to her studio yesterday asking about the outfit, she had thrown a fit for coming so late. I had shown her my puppy face, and she had given me perfect dress for me, apart from the measurements.

I was in love with it the moment the saw it but wasn't sure how it would look on me. According to her, it complimented my height as well as my hazel eyes. Looks like she wasn't wrong.

"Kabir, will you hurry?" I shouted at the top of my lungs. For fifteen minutes, I had been waiting for Kabir and Alina to come out of their room, and for an hour, Rahul was bugging me to reach soon.

"Nisha, we're so sorry," Alina's voice heckled my thoughts, making my attention divert to her. "You look beautiful." Her lips parted whilst I blushed from her remark. "Someone's going to have a hard time keeping his hands away from you."

I laughed, and I had no intention of him keeping his hands away from me. And she shouldn't be giving compliments to me whilst her white dress was eye-catching. How she always made a simple dress so vibrant on her?

"I don't appreciate it." Kabir came forward, wearing his formal tux suit with red tie. "Stop feeding wrong ideas in my sister's mind." My gaze halted on his cheeks, and an abrupt cognizance came to what was taking them so long.

"Well," I commenced, smirking and guided my finger to Kabir's cheek. "I can see who can't keep his hands away."

Instantly, Kabir placed his hand on his cheek and started rubbing the lipstick mark whilst Alina looked around the hall, avoiding our gazes.

"It's not my mistake she's wearing that dress."

"It's not my mistake he's wearing a tux."

They said in unison, and we all laughed together, but it was disturbed by the ringing of my phone. Getting it out from the clutch, it was none other than Rahul. I was about to take it, when Kabir said, "Why is he calling you?"

Quickly, I made up a lie, "Don't know."

Alina got the tension and averted Kabir's attention. "Let's go, we're getting late."

He nodded, gave me a curious look and we walked out of the house, sat in the car and Kabir began its journey to the school I hadn't seen in many years.

I desired to go along with Rahul as his date, but couldn't. It included explaining Kabir who was aloof about our relationship. I had no idea what was stopping me to tell him, maybe because the last time I had gotten into a relationship with his best friend, it turned ugly. After that, he was secured which of his friend I interact with.

I didn't want to hurt Kabir again.

But things with Rahul were different. Different from everything I had ever felt, because of the way he gets on my nerves but still makes me laugh at the end of the day.