BC 2.6 - The Start I Have

I placed my hand on her stomach, waiting for the feel of kick, but all I felt was nothing. Hoisting my gaze to my best friend and her book covered face, I waited for another five minutes but nothing happened.

"You lied," I grumbled, slipping my hand down her stomach and inched her shirt back to the place. "They're not kicking."

"I told you." She turned the page, not bothering to look at me. "They kicked at Kabir's voice." She placed the book on her chest and gazed down at her stomach. "It's getting big. It feels weird. I can't turn while sleeping anymore. I have to be careful."

"Why not my voice?" I narrowed my eyes at her bulging stomach. "I'm there Aunt."

"But not their father," She chuckled. "Don't worry. They will kick."

"But I want to feel it," I whined. "They don't love me."

"They do." She lifted her body and sat straighter on her bed, placed the book at the side and patted her side for me to join. Removing my shoes, I laid on the bed. "They love you a lot."

"I even bought gifts."

She laughed. "Do you even know what's their gender yet?"

I shook my head, smiling sheepishly. "Have you thought about names?"

She nodded enthusiastically. "We were going through them for months. It's hard choosing names when you've three possibilities. If it's two girls, which Kabir wants a lot." She rolled her eyes. "Udisha was fixed." My eyes softened a bit. Something I already knew about. "But Kabir doesn't want it. It says he cannot have a shadow of his past. I kept on saying it's okay, it doesn't matter. But you know him." She shrugged her shoulders. "A new start means new names."

"So spill the names." I laid my hand on her stomach, waiting for any movement to greet me and know they loved me.

"Okay, if it's two girls, then Anaya and Kiara. He loves these names." She licked her lower lip, smiling. "If it's boys, then Kiyan and Adyant." She arched her brows, waiting for my reply.

"That's some names you both chose. What if it's a boy and a girl?"

"Kiara and Adyant," She replied instantly. "We've planned everything."

"Of course you did," I smirked. "Not even a year has passed you're pregnant and your chuda is removed. Before your anniversary, your babies will be there. And how can we forget choosing names on both of your initials?" Her face reddened and glared at me. "Seven months pregnant and you're not at all having motherly instincts."

"What do you mean?" She enquired, glanced at my hand and got her phone from the side.

"You're so childish."

Yesterday night came back when she was watching cartoon movies or the fact she blamed her kids wanted to see them and she was fulfilling their wishes. All Kabir had done was stare at the distance and laugh. It was phenomenal to see serious Kabir being married to childish Alina.

"Tell me something I don't know."

"That reminded me." Sweeping my gaze around the room to ensure nobody was there, I added, "How was your honeymoon?"

Her hands halted on the rubbing of her stomach and she swept her eyes to me, lines appearing on her forehead. "My honeymoon happened seven months ago. Why asking now?"

"Well," I bit my lower lip. "Rahul was asking where I wanted to go in Europe—"

"Switzerland," She interrupted, grinning.