Chapter 13: Trying

Hello, guys. This is not the best chapter. It's short, but it's an important part for the story to go on. I think I ought to do better, but hey, flaws are what makes characters more human, you know? Anyway, sorry for being MIA for so long. I'm back for now, and the story's going on a very simple and straightforward direction. I hope you'll like the ending, when it comes. Enjoy!

**********************************************************

"Liz- Elsa, wait up!" Carl said.

I turned back to look at him, and he was running after me, but I gestured him to stay as far away from me as possible.

"No!" I yelled, "Don't come any closer! I don't wanna hurt anyone anymore..." I sounded exhausted, I noticed.

All I wanted to do at that moment was to cover my face and to sit on the ground for the rest of my life, and maybe lie down on the ground and cry. I did not want anyone to see me that way, a broken soul. Around me, even though they were small, I could see snowflakes and ice spikes that could kill. If Carl came one step closer, I would definitely hurt him.

"Elsa, don't panic," Carl said, "Don't worry about me. Right now, just calm down."

He was still walking towards me, fearlessly, without slowing down whatsoever.

"No, no, you don't understand," I cried, "my powers always go out of control, I just... I can't. I hate it."

What I meant, though, was that I hated myself.

"Listen to me, Elsa," Carl said.

I actually looked at him, looked him in the eyes, by then.

"Please don't hate yourself," Carl continued, "you're special."

Oh, how I hated the word "special". I turned away, still crying, wondering why people would think that being special is good. For once, I just wished to be normal, to be just like everyone else. Is that too much to ask for?

"I'm sorry, Carl," I said, loud enough so that he could hear me, with my back facing him, "I just need a bit of time for myself."

I left for my home.

Walking into the castle, I felt good. I felt like I was back into my comfort zone, where I could just be who I was the whole time, but I also missed being outside my comfort zone. Conflicting.

I must have looked like I have been crying, because Anna asked, "Oh no, Elsa, what happened?"

I said nothing. Anna hugged me and I hugged her back. It was a few seconds later that I realized that I had been crying on her shoulder.

"I don't know, Anna," I sobbed, "I'm not sure what's wrong with me."

Anna patted my back, and said, "Nothing, Elsa. Absolutely nothing."

"I don't want these powers anymore..." I cried, and for once, someone was there for me.

She just sat there with a blank expression on her face at first, but then she frowned a little.

"I'm sorry, Elsa." Anna said.

"For what?" I asked, wanting to know why my younger sister would apologize to me when she did nothing wrong.

"We didn't get to change your heart," she said, "we failed you."

"No, no, Anna, please don't do this," I said, still sobbing unconsciously, "you did your best."

"I'm just so sorry, Elsa," Anna said, "I've never done anything good."

The both of us are sisters. Even an outsider could see that. I started to chuckle.

"Why are you laughing, Elsa?" Anna asked.

"It's just that," I said, "we're both so pathetic."

Anna laughed too, and said, "Yes, I guess you're right. That's why we're sisters. Goodness, we are pathetic, aren't we?"

I looked at the ground, trying to forget about Carl, but I could not.

"Elsa, seriously though, what happened?" Anna asked again, sounding concerned.

I sighed.

"I think I scared this friend of mine by telling him that, well, I'm the Queen of Arendelle. He was freaking out, and I was scared. I was so worried." I said.

"You're sad because you think that you've ruined your friendship?" Anna asked.

"I guess so." I said.

"Oh, Elsa, you should never have to be sad about this," Anna said, "you should go for it."

"What?" I asked.

"You know, find him, and tell him how you truly feel!" Anna said.

She has always been the type of person who thinks so straight to the point where everything is possible, but not everything is, not for me.

"Anna, it's not so easy." I said.

"What do you mean?" Anna asked, "Don't you like him?"

"I do," I said, without hesitation, "but... I don't know."

Anna smiled.

"I can't believe this is happening, my sister, is sitting down with me, talking to me about a guy," Anna said, and she started laughing crazily, "This is absurd!"

"I know, I know," I said, "I can't believe it either."

"Come on, Elsa, you know you can trust me," Anna said, "talk to him, maybe you'll understand more about your own feelings, and then you can have final say."

I was not sure what I was thinking, all I wanted was to make sure I did not hurt anyone, but now, here I am, talking to Anna, who suggests that I find him again, and possibly hurt him again.

"Now, Elsa, I don't know much about what love is," Anna said, "but at least I know that, it's all around. You don't have to stop yourself from loving someone, just because you're afraid of the idea of losing them."

"I don't understand." I said.

"You will, soon enough." Anna said, with a grin.

"Thank you so much, Anna," I said, "for always dealing with me and my stupid, unnecessary problems." I meant it.

"No problems are stupid, or unnecessary. They matter. You matter. Just remember, love actually is all around, and I'll always be right here for you." she said, and helped me get up.

She walked me to my bedroom, and, though I still felt a little bit unsure, I was less afraid than I used to be. Anna, what a terrific sister. I feel glad every day for her presence. I cannot imagine going a day without her by my side. Thank you, Anna.

***********************************************

A/N: Thank you for reading, this chapter was short, but it was difficult to write. It's difficult to find the right words to say, because Elsa's broken, and Anna's trying so hard to help her, and you should know that, in these moments, it's quite difficult to say the right things. So, thank you for reading, and tell me what you think.

Random A/N: Saving Mr. Banks is a wonderful film :)