seventeen

CHAPTER 17

MOTHER DEAREST

NADIA didn't even know that Osiphs had royal families. For all she knew, they were dead; wiped out by a chemical development gone wrong. 

Of course, that was just a myth. No one truly knew what happened. One minute, Kuldor was thriving and the next, it was all dead. 

At least, that's what everyone thought. 

Nadia couldn't remember the travel very well. Blurs and slight moments of her being pushed and shoved was all she could clearly remember. Other than that, everything else was black. 

The only time Nadia fully came to was when she was thrown so hard to the floor, her whole body ignited in a rush of pain. Nadia rapidly sucked in a breath of air and clenched her tied fists so hard, her palms began to draw blood.

The floor was cold, almost wet. Her clothes, now spotted with blood and torn, were sticking to her body. 

She listened as the turtles were thrown right next to her. 

"Uncover them. That is no way to treat our guests." 

There was something about this woman's voice that made Nadia shiver. It was low, very octave for a woman, but also slightly raspy; like her own. 

Nadia's head was roughly pulled back as the blindfold across her eyes was taken off. She shook her head side to side and stared at the floor; blinking to try and get rid of the blurriness. She slowly craned her head to the right, watching as the turtles got their own blindfolds pulled off. 

Raph growled at the man who yanked his off. The man only stared at him before shoving Raph back. Raph collapsed, unable to attack because of his bound hands. He stared at the man with a death glare before feeling someone's gaze on him. 

He turned his head, his face melting to a blank look when he noticed Nadia's eyes on him. 

Are you okay, her eyes asked silently. 

Raph just nodded once and turned his head to Florence who was now wide awake, blood streaming down the side of her face. Her eyes were trained in front of her with a look of nostalgia, as if she knew who stood before her. 

Nadia turned her head and froze. 

The woman, or Queen, was nothing but a direct image of Nadia. She had the same mahogany hair, fair tan skin, and bright hazel eyes were the gold flakes stood out. 

Nadia's whole figure went rigid when the woman rest her eyes on her. It only grew worse when the woman smiled. 

"Welcome home, Nadia." 

Nadia furrowed her brows. "My home is Terranova, witch."

The woman calmly walked up to Nadia, her dark black dress trailing among the cold stone floor. She crouched in front of Nadia and gently brushed a strand of Nadia's hair behind her ear. 

"Is that any way to speak to your mother?" 

Nadia grit her teeth. It was a mind game, nothing more, nothing less. She couldn't possibly be this woman's daughter. 

She was born on Terranova.

Or was she?

"I am not your daughter," Nadia spat. The woman shook her head. 

"Born from me yet you don't even remember," she mumbled softly. Nadia was now angry, watching with feral eyes as the woman walked away from her and the turtles. Her black dress was so long, it made a train behind her while the black, embroidered veil covered her forehead.