Chapter 5

~Chapter 5~
Song: I'm Not Okay- My Chemical Romance (Lyrics)

~*~

All those polished whispered words

fall so sweetly on your ears.

Crooked fingers pluck the heartstrings

stretched between your hopes and fears.

He loves toying with his prey,

but you don't know that right now.

Finds such twisted satisfaction

in these games of cat-and-mouse.

So mesmerized, you're blind to

the strange glint in his eyes.

It's no love song that he's singing---

just an executioner's lullaby.

-John Mark Green

~*~

~Lucas' P.O.V.~

I heard the breeze drift through the room and lightly flutter the curtains while the sun shined lazily into the room. I smiled and rolled onto my back, instantly regretting it when I felt a warm lump quickly making its way up my throat. I sprang from the bed and rushed into the bathroom, dropped to my knees, and leaned over the toilet just in time to throw up the remaining contents of my stomach, which was mostly just bile and water.

This has been a usual occurrence for the past few weeks. I've been throwing up, having extremely bad cramps, and I've been bloated. It's really sucked, especially since I've had to stay at my parents house and haven't been able to see Thomas.

"Lucas, get your ass down here!"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Dad. He was still angry about the fact that I hadn't come home the other night. I didn't expect anything less, of course, but still. I just wanted a break. Was that too much to ask for? Apparently, it is.

Standing up, I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet, making sure to wash my hands and brush my teeth. I hate puking. It's so gross. Even more gross than humans, and trust me, that's hard to beat. I made my way downstairs, making sure to put my bracelets on before hand, and found my parents in the living room surrounded by beer bottles and cigarette butts, smoke lingering in the air.

My father was the first to look up, his bloodshot eyes a telltale sign of him either being completely smashed or high. Probably both. Who knows anymore. He looked back at the television that was showing some kind of jeopardy game show and mumbled under his breath. I couldn't make out what he said so I looked over to my mother for some kind of help, seeing her head thrown back on the couch and her eyes closed. Her mouth was open and she was drooling all over herself. Was she alive? I don't know. Did I care? Nope.

I looked back over to my father and asked, "what was that?" He whipped his head around and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Go get us more beer," he growled.

"Uh, dad, I can't-" I started, only to be cut off.

"Are you denying me, f*g?" he hissed out, ready to get up and beat the living daylights out of me.

"N-No!" I yelled and quickly raced out the door to avoid whatever was going to come my way, managing to slam the door on the way. Well, now I'm screwed. But that was the least of my worries as I realized I didn't have any money to buy their beer with and I was underage. I can always figure that one out, but I didn't know where I was going to get any money.

"Fuck," I whispered under my breath. I can't go back otherwise he'll definitely kill me. This is just fan-freaking-tastic. Standing there for a minute I thought of different ways to get the money for the beer. After thinking through ideas that weren't going to work (and were most likely illegal) I settled on seeing if I could manage to get a few bucks from Thomas. He would help me, right?

~*~

It only took me around twenty minutes to make it to the big Alpha house. It was located farther away from the town, hidden by the edge of the woods. It's the biggest house in the territory, only reserved for the Alpha and his mate, along with their family. It's beautiful. Maybe one day Thomas and I would be able to raise a family here. A smile formed on my face at that thought and I made my way up to the front door. 

The door costs more than my will to live.

I straightened up and took a deep breath, quietly knocking on the door. Hopefully Thomas heard it. When the door swung open, I saw the Luna with a bright smile on her face. Crap, I didn't even think about the Alpha and Luna being home.

When the Luna saw that it was the pack runt standing there, her smile quickly disappeared and she stood up straighter, looking down at me over her nose. I quickly shrunk under her scrutinizing gaze and my throat dried up.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed.

"Uh-uh-uhm," I stammered out. "I need to, ah, talk to...Tho-" I was cut off though when I heard Thomas yelling down the stairs from inside the house.

"Who is it, Ma?" Thomas asked as he made his way down the stairs and to the door.

"Oh."

~*~

*First Edit- 3/3/18*

*Second Edit- 6/18/18*