Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

~Lucas's P.O.V.~

I woke up to the sounds of shouting and an empty bed. I opened my eyes to see Thomas fighting with his mom in the middle of room. I closed my eyes with a smile and laid there before I was snapped out of my little dream cloud. Thomas was fight with his mom. His mom, the mom that doesn't know about us. His mom that's the Luna and hates my guts.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN BED WITH...WITH HIM?!?" She shouted. I gasped lightly in hurt and their heads snapped over to look at me. The Luna's eyes were red with fury and I knew I had to get out of there.

Springing up, I grabbed my backpack and my clothes, sprinting towards the window with the Luna and Thomas shouting in the background. It seemed like slow motion when I tripped and fell towards the open window. I fell through it and flew through the air, managing to land in the dirt on my knees. I cried out when I heard a sharp crack and felt a sharp pain shoot up my leg. My backpack and clothes were laying on the ground next to me.

That didn't stop me, though.

I jumped up, hearing the back door crash open as soon as I was up and ran to the woods. I risked a glance behind me while I was running and saw the Luna in her wolf form chasing me and Thomas trying to stop her. There were wood pieces scattered across the grass and I could see foam at the mouth of the Luna.

Of course, me being my clumsy self, I tripped over a log and fell to the ground, sliding a few feet across the grass and feeling the Luna pounce on me. She dug her claws into my shoulders, efficiently pinning me to the ground, and she started slashing at my neck with her sharp teeth.

Suddenly, a giant brown and white wolf rammed into the Luna from the side and I immediately curled into a ball, feeling blood running down my neck and chest. Hopefully I don't bleed out. I pressed my hands against my neck, feeling the warm blood oozing out of the open wounds.

I could hear snarling and the sound of wolves fighting in front of me. I risked a glance and saw Thomas's wolf on top of the Luna, holding her down by wrapping his mouth around her neck and his claws digging into the sides of her stomach.

A threat.

They were both breathing heavily and they had blood covering their coats. Before Thomas could react, the Luna broke out of his grip and she snarled, pouncing on my wounded body. I had no way of protecting myself, let alone trying to push the Luna off of me. She was at least double my size. I tried to scratch at her face, do something, anything, to hurt her and get her off, but nothing was going to work.

I was going to be killed, right here, by the Luna.

The last thing that I saw before losing consciousness was Thomas in human form trying to pry his mother's jaws from around my neck, not one intention of stopping until I was dead in her angry red eyes.

The only thing I could do was wrap my arms around my stomach and pray to a God I didn't believe in that my pup would survive.

~[A Long] Time Skip~

Beep, beep, beep.

I groaned and felt a throbbing pain in my throat. I went to grab it, but there was something restraining my hand.

Beep, beep, beep.

There was a constant beeping ringing loudly in my ear. I groaned again and turned my head slightly to the side, feeling something wrapped around my neck. I still had yet to open my eyes.

Beep, beep, beep.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head back, cracking my eyes open, with much difficulty I might add. A white ceiling filled my vision and I groaned for a third time, but not in pain.