Chapter 12

~Chapter 12~

~Thomas's P.O.V.~

I stared blankly at the white ceiling of my room and ran a hand through my hair.

It's been three months since we lost the baby and we've been trying for another. The doctor told us we have a small chance of it happening, but we refuse to give up.

We've had no luck so far and every time we see the negative tests, I can tell it tears at Lucas.

Lucas had decided to sleep in the old nursery. He says it's just to remember our unborn child, but I know what he's really doing in there.

He's hurting himself. I can hear him cry himself to sleep every night. He's slowly destroying himself and I honestly couldn't care less.

I just need a pup.

~Lucas's P.O.V.~

I sat on the small bed, thinking about our baby for the millionth time. He would have been three months old by now...

I closed my eyes and slowly reopened them. Before I got up, I looked down to my arms.

Both of them were covered in dark, angry red gashes, each one deeper than the last. There was barely any clean skin left.

It helped with the pain in my heart.

Grabbing a baggy black sweatshirt, I put it on and slowly made my way to Thomas's room. It was eight P.M. which meant it was time to try for another pup.

How exciting...

~Later In The Week~

~Thomas's P.O.V.~

I am so done with his moping.

Lucas hasn't done anything and it's getting on my nerves.

He doesn't eat, he doesn't shower, he barely talks to me, he doesn't change his clothes. It's frustrating to have to deal with. He needs to interact with someone and it it isn't me, maybe he'll talk to his sister.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled threw my contacts, quickly finding her name.

This has to work.

~Lucas's P.O.V.~

Rapid knocking on the door awoke me from my fitful sleep. I groaned and got up slowly, putting on a baggy sweatshirt, and opened the door.

Before I could get a proper look at who it was, I was tackled in a hug and fell to the floor. Groaning, I saw a mop of dark brown hair with blue/green dyed ends and chocolate eyes in front of my face giggling away. Hm, forgot I had one of these things called a "sister".

"Svetlana! What do you think you're doing here?!" I hissed, getting up from the floor and wiping the dirt off my sweatshirt.

"Oh, don't even, little brother. I wanted to see you!" she giggled. I stared at her and she huffed before turning to her boyfriend standing in the door way, Andy,  and shooing him away with her hand. He walked out and she turned back to me.

"Don't you have a pack to run and a family to take care of?" I said bitterly and folded my arms. She left home when she was 16 to get away from our parents and to start her own pack of rogues. She soon found her mate and they started their own family.

And left me with those things that deem themselves parents.

She glared at me for a good thirty seconds before pulling out a chocolate bar and eating it. Why is she like this?