Thomas + Lucas Christmas Special

~Lucas's P.O.V.~

I fidgeted and looked over at a ghastly Thomas nervously. He smiled encouragingly and I lifted my hand, timidly knocking on the worn out door in front of me. There was a small "I'll be right there!" before the old oak swung open.

Jaylin stood there looking at us with shock written all over his face. I smiled timidly and looked at Thomas who had a happy glint in his eye.

"Dad...? Papa?" Jaylin whispered hoarsely. I nodded and smiled as tears swelled in my eyes. Thomas wrapped his arm around my waist and I clutched his shirt, scared that Jaylin would slam the door in our face.

"But you guys are...dead." Jaylin said. His eyes were still wide and he looked as though he'd seen a ghost.

Or two.

"Well, yes," Thomas spoke up. "But do you believe in ghosts?"

Jaylin simply nodded and scratched his head.

"Can I...are you able to be touched? Can you touch things?" He asked. Thomas and I nodded and I bit my lip, getting antsy.

"Can we...come in? And spend Christmas with you?" I asked quietly. Jaylin nodded and I smiled, slightly slouching in relief.

"But first," Jaylin piped. "I really want a hug."

Jaylin stepped forward and wrapped his right arm around me and his left around Thomas. He squashed me into his chest and he rested his head on Thomas's shoulder, a few tears clinging to his eyelashes.

"No, don't cry." I commented, wanting to wipe his tears away. I had the trouble of being too short through. "Babe, a little help."

Thomas gripped my hips and lifted me high enough that I was able to run the pad of my thumb over Jaylin's tear-tracked cheek. I brushed the hair from his face with a small smile before Thomas put me back on the ground.

"Of course you got the tall gene from mister bamboo tree over here." I grumbled. They both laughed and Jaylin stepped aside to welcome us inside. He led us to a living room where there were a few other people chatting amongst themselves.

A small wolf with deep purple lips was the first to notice Jaylin walking back in. Jaylin told us it was his mate Valentine through mindlink. He walked over and tangled their arms together before turning to us. There was a sudden realization in his eyes and he gasped.

"Oh my skittles." Valentine whispered. I smiled and waved awkwardly, smacking Thomas in the stomach as he snickered. "Hello Mr. and Mr. Peterson-Blood." He said, holding out his hand. I shook it first and then Thomas shook it.

"Oh, my. Please, just call us Lucas and Thomas." I said. He nodded and then turned to the two other people talking on the couch. Or, by the look of it, arguing.

"Dad, come here." Valentine said. The man had his back turned to us but he excused himself from the woman and stood up. When he turned around, I realized he looked awfully familiar...

The man walked over and smiled, offering his hand. "Hello. You must be friends of Jaylin's. I'm Eli." The man said. I shook his hand and he shook Thomas. I furrowed my eyebrows at the name but shook my head internally. It couldn't be.

"Dad, this is Mr. and Mr. Peterson-Blood. Lucas and Thomas." Valentine spoke up. Eli's smiled dropped and his eyes widened. He turned to me and his face drained of color.

"It can't be..." He mumbled. Thomas was confused and asked me what was going on through mindlink.

"Lucas? It's me...you're brother." Eli said. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"How is that possible? You...you died." I said quietly. He smiled sadly and shook his head.

"That's a long story." He said sheepishly. He stepped closer and opened his arms, allowing me to settle into them. He squeezed my shoulders as I stepped back and smiled at me sadly.

"You know...I should be saying the same thing." He said, pushing my bangs away from my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly and looked up at him. "How is this possible? You died."

I smiled sadly and rested my hand on top of his. There was no warmth from his hands, or any other person I came in contact with. Except Thomas.

"Perhaps...it's a Christmas miracle." I said lowly. He nodded and squeezed my shoulder before pulling his hands back.

"Now. Let's celebrate, shall we?" Eli boomed, smiling at everyone. Everyone nodded and Jaylin and Valentine shuffled towards the couches. Before Eli could lead us to the couches, he pointed towards the ceiling and winked. I stood confused and looked at Thomas. He smirked and pointed above us.

And there, in all its glory, was mistletoe. I laughed and Thomas pulled me to him. I rested my hands on his chest and looked up at him as he leaned down to plant his soft lips on mine. The warmth radiated off him and I didn't want to step back into my personal bubble.

Perhaps it was a Christmas miracle.

~*~

This is hella late but at least it's out before the new year right? :]

Happy late holidays lol

-Syn X