Chapter 15

Song: Please Don't Go- Joel Adams (Lyrics)
~*~
*Chapter 15*

~Lucas's P.O.V.~

I stared at the nurses with a blank look on my face. They have to be lying. This couldn't have happened. This has to be some kind of sick, sick joke.

"How do you lose a baby," I hissed with venom. They nervously looked between each other and pushed the shortest one forward to talk. She was jittery and nervous, a look of terror crossing her face.

"We, uh, we suspect that th-the father may have come in after hours and taken the baby..." she spluttered quickly. I stared her down and she started shaking more than she was.

I stood up from the hospital bed, almost falling in the process, and limped my way over to where my clothes were folded on a chair. The nurses tried to stop me because of my injuries but I glared at them and they quickly scurried out of the room in fright. I pulled on my clothes, with much difficulty, and walked out of the hospital.

I had to get home and see if Thomas was there.

My body protested, but I ran the seven miles home. When I made it back, I pushed opened the door and breathlessly yelled up the stairs.

"THOMAS!" I screamed. It was silent around the house so I ran up the stairs, completely ignoring my sister who was sitting on the couch with a bewildered look on her face. I checked the bedroom and noticed that there were clothes thrown around and Thomas's stuff was gone.

Oh God...

I looked in the bathroom and noticed that his toiletries were gone before arriving at the door that would tell me it all.

The nursery.

I slowly grabbed the door handle and felt my hands shaking. I sucked in a deep breath and tried to steady my thought process. On the count of three.

1...2...3...

I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open. An empty, spotless room stared back at me. I gripped the door frame on either side of me and felt myself slowly sinking to the floor on my knees.

He...he actually left. He took the baby and left.

I could feel something thick and warm run down my cheeks and I slowly reached up and touched them. Tears. Warm, thick tears were streaming down my face. I sat back, wrapping my arms around my legs.

I put my hand on my mouth and sobbed into it, suddenly feeling as though I couldn't breathe. My chest was closing in on itself. I choked and scratched at my throat, not caring that I was ripping up the skin.

Not caring that the blood was gushing.

Not caring that there was skin getting stuck beneath my nails.

I sobbed harder, putting my bloody hands on the ground and staying there on all fours. The blood dripped down onto the white rug, but I didn't care. I screamed, anything to get the terrible pain out of my chest.

I could feel myself slipping, slowly going back to my old state of mind. The light was fading, quickly being consumed with darkness. The hope, the happiness, was slowly fading into nothingness.

Footsteps were quickly racing up the stairs and I could make out the sound of my sister yelling something. She pulled me up onto her lap as I wasn't any bigger than her. She had tears pooling in the corner of her eyes and she was saying something that I couldn't make out.

I was still sobbing when I felt someone wrap a towel around my neck. Svetlana was pulling out her phone and she dialed someone before speaking into the phone in panic.

I had one last thought before my head and eyesight completely went black;

Maybe, after all,

Promises are meant to be broken...

~Thomas's P.O.V.~

I made sure that Jaylin was asleep in the baby carrier that was on my left arm before knocking on the white door. The Luna, my mother, opened it and looked at me with distaste before she saw the sleeping baby in the carrier and the female standing by my side. She nodded, telling me that I had done a good job, before turning around and walking inside, leaving the door open. A sign for Amelia and I to follow.

She walked up a staircase in the middle of the room and lead me to a door at the end of a long hallway. It was filled with portraits of Alpha's and Luna's from before my parents. Creepy. It felt as though the eyes were following your every move.

The Luna opened the door without knocking and walked in. Amelia and I followed her in after checking that Jaylin was still sleeping and stood before a desk with my father sitting behind it. The Luna stood off to the side, checking her perfectly manicured nails.

"Alpha." I said. He looked up and glared at who had dared to bother him and saw it was me.

"Son. I do suppose you've brought your heir and future Luna then?" he questioned. I nodded and pointed down to the bundle of blankets that had a baby hidden somewhere within and tilted my head towards Amelia. She smiled before bowing slightly.

"Hello, Alpha Blood," she said sweetly. He nodded and looked back at me.

"You've cut ties with the runt?" I nodded and felt a small ache in my chest. Before the Alpha could ask anymore questions, Jaylin suddenly opened his brilliantly blue eyes and started crying. I tried to shush him, but his crying only got louder.

"Excuse us," I said to the Luna and Alpha. They stared back blankly as Amelia and I walked out, shut the door, and quickly made our way back to my old room. Just as I was able to shut the door and set Jaylin on the bed, I felt a horrific pain on my neck. Jaylin continued to cry, obviously feeling the same things as me, and Amelia tried to shush him will I dug my nails into my wrist to keep from crying out. I felt many different emotions run over me;

Despair, dread, hurt, distrust, and...

Insanity.

Lucas!

~*~

Hey guys!

So you might have noticed how the cover is changed again...

But that's because a kind soul was able to make us one!

Thank you again @Authoroflost  for making us this wonderful cover, that I, personally, love :3

Anyway! I hope you enjoy/enjoyed! Don't forget to vote/follow/share!

Much love! 

*Edit One- 6/19/18*