♥-chapter three-♥

That same afternoon, Lisa ran me home in her car, saying she wanted to see where I lived. I think she was just really angling for an invitation to meet my parents - she's into art and so are they. Her vehicle only had two seats, the boot devoted to tool space for her brother's plumbing business.

We spoke about Lisa's brothers on our journey back to mine. Brad, her older one, gave her the car we were currently sat in. But she also had another brother called Chris. I laughed her reaction when I told her I had no brothers or sisters - it was almost like jealous. Well, she did confess she wished she was an only child. 

Lisa chatted away as we wound through town. But somewhere our conversation went quiet; I thought that was the best time to bring up Harry and Niall. She gunned the accelorator and we shot up the hill. 

'I met Harry and Niall Styles at music practice,' I said casually, trying to ignore the fact that I was being thrown back in the seat like an astronaut on take-off. 

'Isn't Harry gorgeous!' She smacked her lips enthusiastically, swerving round the cat that dared crossed the road in front of her. 

I shrugged. 'Yeah, I suppose.'

'There's no suppose about it,' Lisa laughed. 'That face, that body - what more could a girl want?'

Someone who noticed her? I thought, but never dared to say.

'But he's got a big attitude - drives the poor teachers mad,' Lisa continued. 'Two of his brothers were a lot similiar but they say he's the worst. He almost got kicked out of school last year for disrespect to a staff member. Mind you, none of us liked Mr Mane - turned out he liked some of us too much, if you know what I mean. Sucker got fired at the end of term.'

'He's disgusting.'

'Yeah,' agreed Lisa. 'Anyway, seven sons in the family; three still at home in the house at the top of town next door to the cable car station - they're the youngest three. The older ones are in Denver.'

'Cable car?' I questioned.

'Yeah, they're dad runs it during the season; their mom's a ski instructor. We all think the Styles boys are the king of the slops since they've had an awesome coach.'

'And there's seven of 'em?'

Lisa nodded.

I don't know how people go about this world with six brothers or sisters - it's crazy. All it's ever been is me and I can't imagine it any other way. Though, it would be nice to have a baby brother or sister. Yeah, I'll definitely be speaking to Debbie and Dean about that one.

Dean and Debbie were unpacking art supplies when we arrived. I could tell they were delighted I'd brought home a friend so soon. They worried about my shyness even more than I did.

'Come in, girls,' Debbie offered, sounding cheerful. 

We were all sat at the table. Debbie, Dean and Lisa were all talking about art and I was bored listening to it. Art was never my favourite thing to talk about. 

'Are you going to hold art classes?' Lisa asked, examining Debbie's art work.

'That's part of the deal,' Debbie confirmed, shooting Dean a delighted look.

'I'd like to come, Mrs McIntyre, if I may.'

'Of course you may, Lisa. And please, call me Debbie.'

'Debbie and Dean,' added my father.

Lisa nodded, putting the art work down. 'So did Kenzie pick up her artistic genes from you then?'

'Er ... no.' Debbie smiled at me, a little embarrassed. It was always like this when people asked. We always promised to never pretend to be other than what we were.